1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

video output cable ?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by peterjariel, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterjariel

peterjariel New Member

Does any one know if they make a cable that connects ur droid to ur tv? I wanna watch movies from my droid in the tv and see my screen in the tv
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

im pretty sure that it cant. its the one thing that it "doesn't" do.
  3. Dave Droid

Dave Droid New Member

I was just thinking the same thing. I don't know if it's possible because it uses a USB-Type connection protocol. If it was proprietary then it would be a different story (like iPod connectors are exclusively only on iPods)

So the only way that there can possibly video-out is if they make some type of cable through the headphone jack. Similar to how my 1st generation Zune sent video-out.
  4. peterjariel

peterjariel New Member

Well I found a cable that works on the htc droid (I have both) but I don't know if it works with movies. I think it only let's u see the photos and videos. I don't want to buy it and then that's all it does
  5. Dave Droid

Dave Droid New Member

Aren't movies and videos the same thing?
  6. peterjariel

peterjariel New Member

Wow mam u don't know what the dif. Is in videos and movies . U can make videos with ur phone. How bout movies?
  7. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Be civil. Yes, you can make video's from your phone. The O.P. wants to be able to watch movies that are on their phone or video's they created to be able to watch them on the TV.
  8. cmillertime

cmillertime New Member

anyone find anything else out with this? i am also trying to watch video output to my tv for nes emulators and youtube. would a simple headphone jack to rca output work?
  9. peterjariel

peterjariel New Member

No I've tryed that already doesn't. Work u need something that would connect to the mini usb but I can't find one anywhere. I found one for the htc droid but I think it only does photos and videos.
  10. cmillertime

cmillertime New Member

There has to be some way you would think this would be a common enough thing that droid does would have it, i mean iphone has it and so does digital camera's, could you give me the link to the htc cable?
  11. peterjariel

peterjariel New Member

I've found a lot of info on the video out thing there's a few videos u can watch on u youtube but its only the htc touch here's the site where I found the cable. As of right now there is no luck on the droidworking as a video output. HTC Touch Pro TV Out Cable ACT100 - Original (OEM)
  12. JohnnyDepth

JohnnyDepth New Member

Did you take a good look at that cable?
    There's zero colour separation....meaning it will look like crap unless you're
    the only person without an HDTV?

There is nothing out there that will allow you to view HD content output to an HDTV...
    We would need an HDMI output. While there is a phone coming that will have HDMI...Our Moto Droid is.....essentially Void.

It would have been possible for the headphone jack to incorporate component HD video output as well as audio IF they
    have had the foresight to have done this for us....My DXG 1080p camcorder has this and videos come out perfect on an HDTV...
  13. Gorin

Gorin New Member

wait, will that htc cable work on the motorolla droid? (sorry i'm new to droids)
  14. JohnnyDepth

JohnnyDepth New Member

HTC made it, therefore it should only work on the models listed
    (if you clicked the link, of course)

If you'd like to try all you would need is a mini USB to micro USB connector
    (motorola makes them) and try it, but I doubt the motorola Droid was made for this in mind...make sense?
  15. Gorin

Gorin New Member

gotcha.

seems like a big hassle to buy and carry around 2 different cables. my search continues...
  16. JohnnyDepth

JohnnyDepth New Member

haha, I don't think you got me!

Look: [​IMG]

This is the cable, it just changes the cable provided by HTC to fit your Droid...
    However this isn't the issue...

IF Motorola didn't design a protocol to allow video/audio streaming via the USB connection it wouldn't matter at all if HTC made a micro usb video output cable, ya dig?
  17. JamesX

JamesX New Member

Fairly sure there is no "video out" for DROID.
  18. peterjariel

peterjariel New Member

There's this guys in the android forum that r hacking in to the droid and even making some kind of hardware to get the video output working so there's hope! Ill keep posting if I find any more info.
  19. m21knight

m21knight New Member

Listen folks, can we please do a little research before pretending that we are an expert on the topic at hand? This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. There is essentially no difference from a hardware perspective of the capibilities of the micro USB and the headphone connector...the only difference is that the USB has 4 standard functional leads, +5 volts, Ground, Transmit (Tx) and Recieve (Rx). The audio jack to my knowledge only provides; Ground, Audio L and R, Microphone (4 connectors as well).

The question that really needs to be answered is; does the native hardware platform support exporting display data? As for HDMI, in my opinion I don't see HDMI support being widely implimented in Google sponsered devices. DRM is a significant drawback to the technology and Google has already expressed its support for eliminating DRM from our hardware platforms.
  20. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Your reasoning makes no sense. The devices you mentioned are designed with video out. The Droid's tech specs do not list video out among its capabilities. Why would you assume that it can? A cable isn't going to make a device that can't output video suddenly output video.
    DROID by Motorola - Android phone - Motorola USA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
android a/v cable

android to tv cable

android tv cable
android video cable

android video out cable

android video output cable
av cable for android
droid cable for tv