Video Force Closing

hahaha760

Reaction score
My issue is when i try to record/or capture video it force closes every time it worked fine when i first got my droid.

Also i was attempting to record some video a couple of days ago again failed, but had to turn droid off and on to get going again my time and date had changed to Dec. 1969.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
My issue is when i try to record/or capture video it force closes every time it worked fine when i first got my droid.

Also i was attempting to record some video a couple of days ago again failed, but had to turn droid off and on to get going again my time and date had changed to Dec. 1969.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

It seems like you have some software issues. My advice, before taking it back to Verizon for a warranty replacement, is to back up any notes or anything not stored on the memory card and do a Hard Reset. If all goes well, when you relogin into gmail during setup, your settings should go thru along with all your contacts, calander appts and in the market, under downloads, you will see a list of all previously downloaded apps.

If that doesnt fix the issue, then its hardware related which then will need to be swapped out at your local Verizon Retail Corporate store.

OP
hahaha760

hahaha760

Reaction score
Ok I'll give that a shot and see if it works I have tried removing all apps and doing a factory rest and nothing. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
hahaha760

hahaha760

Reaction score
Had tried the hard reset/factory reset no luck... thanks though

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
One last thing you could try is using one of the OTA updates that leaked and usually during those it could fix the issue without voiding your warranty. If that dont work, call around to each VZW store to figure out if they have the warranty replacements in stock.

OP
hahaha760

hahaha760

Reaction score
yeah tried the force update works smoothly so far, got all the new changes to the video/camera and has started to record, but still force closes before it saves and earlier today it actually restarted it self and got stuck between the droid logo & the boot animation... had to remove battery...oh well can still make calls and take pics. I'll call around see what i can come up with. thanks again.

OP
hahaha760

hahaha760

Reaction score
Well gonna take a shot in the dark letting thde misses take the phone to verizion
Today to see if they can try something I haven't already tried and possibly exchange.
I would much rather be there so they can't bs her...lol I'm gonna miss my droid today. LMAO

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Well gonna take a shot in the dark letting thde misses take the phone to verizion
Today to see if they can try something I haven't already tried and possibly exchange.
I would much rather be there so they can't bs her...lol I'm gonna miss my droid today. LMAO

I would never do such a thing to my customers but I guess you live in a completely different area. Anywho, may your new Droid bring you many fond memories as your old one did.

OP
hahaha760

hahaha760

Reaction score
She showed them the problem and they also tried a hard reset and nada. well just got word that a replacement should be arriving no later than Tuesday.

OP
hahaha760

hahaha760

Reaction score
Got my replacement works great. Video works. Just a little bummed I have to let go of my original...LOL