[VIDEO] Droid RAZR HD Developer Edition Unboxing!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;F-SfCg5f7RA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-SfCg5f7RA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Finally Motorola brings us a flagship device with a High def screen! This screen is sick! The 4.7" Super AMOLED screen of the Razr HD has a resolution of 1280x720 and 312ppi. There is ZERO pixelation on this screen! With the 1.5ghz dual core SnapDragon S4 Pro Processor this beastly phone flys. It also ships with ICS and Jelly Bean should be added by the end of this year. This is certainly a rock solid device.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Since it has Developer edition in its title I am going to ask a stupid question here maybe.

Does this mean it can be unlocked like the nexus?

If so I'm dumping my nexus and its crappy speaker, its crappy radio, and the bad taste left behind from Verizon trying to silently a$$ bang us LTE customers with a vehicle dock that was sub-par to the GSM version and to add insult to injury then overcharge for that sub-par device.

Whoops.. question answered in the video ...it can be unlocked !!!! dancedroid

As soon as I get some spare cash I am kicking this POS Nexus to the curb.

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Since it has Developer edition in its title I am going to ask a stupid question here maybe.

Does this mean it can be unlocked like the nexus?
No....

Better! :p At least as I understand it, is is unlocked out of the box. No hacking required.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
No, to unlock the bootloader you have to go to the Moto website and agree to the terms.
So, what's the difference between this and the VZW version? I guess the moto tools do not work on the vzw version? Does the vzw version lack fastboot where the dev edition does?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, what's the difference between this and the VZW version? I guess the moto tools do not work on the vzw version? Does the vzw version lack fastboot where the dev edition does?
AFAIK the dev edition has an unencrypted bootloader so you just need the script that runs once you agree to the terms on the Moto site. The standard version is encrypted like all other Moto phones.