Vibration fading out, then returns

ElMuneco

Reaction score
Has anyone else encountered this issue?? In the Language and Keyboard settings/Multi-touch keyboard I have the "Vibrate On Keypress" checked, but every so often, it'll fade out, then return. It's more annoying then anything.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is just a guess but if the behavior is occasional and seems unpredictable it may be that the OS is too busy from time to time to carry out the instruction immediately. I've found this to be true with a variety of Android devices, even those with the most powerful processors.

For example, I'm enjoying an animated wallpaper app (Thunderstorm) that has animated clouds and rain constantly moving across my screen. (Taking advantage of the Razr Maxx battery and not worrying about the drain the wallpaper imposes.) From time to time, the rain "freezes" momentarily and then resumes a second later. My guess is that the built-in multitasking of the Android OS is simply overwhelmed occasionally when it's busy with competing apps.

T

TheAlpha

This is just a guess but if the behavior is occasional and seems unpredictable it may be that the OS is too busy from time to time to carry out the instruction immediately. I've found this to be true with a variety of Android devices, even those with the most powerful processors.

For example, I'm enjoying an animated wallpaper app (Thunderstorm) that has animated clouds and rain constantly moving across my screen. (Taking advantage of the Razr Maxx battery and not worrying about the drain the wallpaper imposes.) From time to time, the rain "freezes" momentarily and then resumes a second later. My guess is that the built-in multitasking of the Android OS is simply overwhelmed occasionally when it's busy with competing apps.

We all know the capability of the Razr MAXX, so no need to tell us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Uh, sorry. That wasn't the point of the post.
+1
Hmm..this is the razr maxx section? I just want to say that I appreciate jsh1120 trying to help as I have posted many times in this forum with no responses. And I also wish I could help the OP, but I have never experienced this problem. I'll gonna test it and see.

OP
E

ElMuneco

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, after doing a factory reset at my local VZW store I am still encounterting the same problem. I believe it's a software problem and apparently other RAZR MAXX users have experienced it.

trumpetman12

Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue, although (don't ask me how I found out) I found that if you lightly tap the phone on the desk, it'll come back for a few more keystrokes. After reading this thread, I thought the tapping might give the phone enough time to catch up from the lag, but even after taking a few short breaks, it didn't help; only when I tapped the phone on the desk did it seem to work. Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone can recreate this scenario.

fartsy

Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue, although (don't ask me how I found out) I found that if you lightly tap the phone on the desk, it'll come back for a few more keystrokes. After reading this thread, I thought the tapping might give the phone enough time to catch up from the lag, but even after taking a few short breaks, it didn't help; only when I tapped the phone on the desk did it seem to work. Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone can recreate this scenario.

This is the exact same thing happening to my phone. Just started last night. Was just wondering if your issue has been resolved/how?

DudeMG

Reaction score
Have you ruled out the possibility of a hardware problem? Mine just started today.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the forum. We don't know if its hardware or software, but we do know that its a known issue. Rebooting the phone will usually bring the vibration back.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

C_Hard

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my razr maxx. It only started since I upgraded my OS to icecream sandwich. Has anyone figured out a fix?

JordanpPage

Reaction score
This is true for me as well, it didn't start happening until after I upgraded to ICS.