vibrate on receive text

me_droid

Reaction score
I have set the notification tone on the D4 (voila), but every time I get a text it vibrates 2 shorts bursts along with the notification tone. How do I get rid of the vibration? In sound settings I have set vibrate to "never". Anyone else come across this?

NiteCloak

Reaction score
Some apps allow you to set the vibration specific to the app. This may override your global setting. Narrow down which app is notifying you and delve in to its settings.

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I use handcent for my text messaging so I have changed the settings on that and my phone and it still does it.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
M

me_droid

Reaction score
I have set the notification tone on the D4 (voila), but every time I get a text it vibrates 2 shorts bursts along with the notification tone. How do I get rid of the vibration? In sound settings I have set vibrate to "never". Anyone else come across this?

LOL, answered my own question. If you open "text" from the tray or from apps, and then select "menu", you will see "messaging settings". At the bottom of the list under "notification settings" is "vibrate" and it's set to "also vibrate when notified" by default. If you are in a particular text thread there is no option for this.