very annoying problems need help/advice

cdxlv

Reaction score
Problem 1: Woke up one morning and it said SD card blank put in new one old one doesn't see any. Won't format mount anything.

Problem 2: phone dies, plug in and white light appears on front and won't charge if I do plug in before dies 6 hours later (50% of time) still at 5% charged.

Problem 3: randomly drops service, not just the internet but I will go up to an hour with no service what so ever and I live in the state captsil city. Why does it drop all service and bounce from 3g to 4g to no g?

Problem 4: if its not on speaker I can't hear someone talk its static like.

Problem 5: battery life lasts three hours in stand by. Nothing open manually by me but advance task killer shows a dozen or more apps open.

I tried to bring it in but they don't see problems 2 and 3 and problem one they said it is due to be inserting a non capatible SD card in it and said problem 4 is due to the volume so high up. Problem 5 they say is due to me not closing apps. I do the task killer when i set it down.

Anyone have real answers? Or suggestion on what to do?

Thanks

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
  1. Try booting into Safe Mode (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/200128-accessing-safe-mode-your-razr.html) and insert a SD Card. Then open the stock file browser and see if you can browse to the SD-Ext card. If it works, you have an application conflict. If not, a Factory reset may be the only thing left to do.
  2. Never let your phone die (0% and shut down on its own). You wouldn't let your car run out of Gas, would you? Of course not, since you'd be stuck somewhere and have a real tough time of getting back on track.
    1. Turn off your phone.
    2. Plug the charger in.
    3. Allow it to boot into Charge Only mode.
    4. Let it charge at least 3 hours, possibly 4 or 5, or until the animated battery level indicator shows 100% charged and no lightning bolt.
    5. Power your phone and use it until it shows "low battery", which is at 15% (think of this as the low fuel light on your car, and your immediate response would be FIND A GAS STATION!)
    6. Once it reaches 15%, power the phone off (Yes, I said OFF).
    7. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4.
    8. You should be good to go from here.
  3. Don't know. Check if this happens while in Safe Mode. If it doesn't, then it's an application conflict. If it does, back to the Factory reset as the last troubleshooting.
  4. Sounds like it could also be related to the issues 1 and 3. Same suggestions.
  5. Will probably resolve with item 2 above, and if not, then it's back to the suggested solutions for 1, 3, and 4.
Good luck!

:biggrin: