Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Available Now for $700

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-dev-edition-vzw-gnote4.png

Devs, modders and tinkerers have a new toy to play with on Verizon. Samsung's online storefront now has the Verizon Developer Edition version of the Galaxy Note 4 available. It's a whopping $699.99, but it's probably unsurprising it has a hefty price-tag.

The specs are the same as any other Galaxy Note 4, so it's really up to you whether it's worth the extra dough to have greater access to the phone's software innards. Here's a link below to the Sammy retail shop.

Source: Samsung Online Retail Shop

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Love developer editions... The only concern I have is (and I've been burned by if before) is that if the device does not receive a lot or even a little bit of developer love then it's almost a waste of money... You'll see root or mod methods able to be performed on normal locked devices.

Sent from my XT1060

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Root alone is worth it if you are paying full price.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Absolutely, but a recovery needs to be ported or made for that to work. Otherwise a root method will most likely end up for all variants lol.

Sent from my XT1060

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does this also come with the Verizon bloat, and how do the updates work. And since it comes with an unlocked bootloader, what are the chances it receives a recovery image like CWM Recovery or my favorite TWRP.