Verizon Wins J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Wireless Network Quality Performance

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
4GLTE-display.jpg

While it's easy to be angry at Big Red for some of their recent pricing models and other business decisions, you have to say one thing for them, they do have the best network in the industry. That isn't just subjective opinion either. Verizon Wireless was just given the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Best Wireless Network Quality Performance award. They out-scored all of their competition in five regions including the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast, West, and Southwest. This survey factored in voice, text, data usage, and network quality. CTO Nicola Palmer had this to say,

This latest study once again speaks loudly and clearly to the outstanding performance of the Verizon Wireless network in terms of customer satisfaction. With our 4G LTE high-speed network’s blazing fast speeds and superior nationwide coverage, Verizon Wireless remains committed to providing its customers with the best networks, devices, and innovative services.

We don't mind giving praise when and where it is due, and Verizon certainly has earned this award.

On a separate note, maybe the new announcement that T-Mobile will switch to Unlimited Data Plans might spur some renewed pricing competition in the marketplace. It's a good thing that the AT&T and T-Mobile merger didn't go through, because that most certainly would not have happened if it had.

Source: TechCrunch

npro1464

Reaction score
Anyone with a Thunderbolt would laugh at this (and cry a little on the inside...)

GAstorino

Reaction score
Wow this scares me since the last OTA I have not been able to get consistent 4G on my Bionic and I am waiting for the ICS that supposedly fixes it. Makes me wonder then if this is the best how bad the other carriers are.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow this scares me since the last OTA I have not been able to get consistent 4G on my Bionic and I am waiting for the ICS that supposedly fixes it. Makes me wonder then if this is the best how bad the other carriers are.

Or, maybe these "studies" aren't as good as people assume...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
JD power conducts polls, or call outs to customers... you call in for service, and you somehow get put into a dial base...

I was called for vzw and a bank I use... its a series of 1-10 scoring questions... and the way they word it makes you have to think twice.

Based upon your call on said date, did Lisa do her job....

Based on said call, what was the outcome, were you happy... blah blah blah. .

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
905 was just a bad update. ICS clears it up, and data connectivity is solid on the Bionic.

As for the T-Mobile stuff. Verizon & AT&T could care less with what they (or Sprint) does with service. They are in their own little world, and only care with what each other is doing.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the network quality/stability is based on the signal availability itself, not how well certain devices pick it up. Even with the issues they still are ahead of every other provider that I've seen in action. They wouldn't have so many people locked in if the coverage weren't so good. Also, their new Family Share Data commercials are so well done if I didn't know that the pricing sucks for so many I'd almost think it's a great thing. :p

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
It seems to me that J.D. Power awards these things to those companies who are the best. I do believe VZW is the best... but I guess if your customer satisfaction is at 50% (nothing to crow about in my opinion) and everyone else has a lower customer satisfaction... well I reckon it stands to reason. (I saw VZW show such charts a few years back in a TV ad. I swear that VZW had a 50% satisfaction rating overall while the other telecoms were far lower.)

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
dgstorm said:
While it's easy to be angry at Big Red for some of their recent pricing models and other business decisions, you have to say one thing for them, they do have the best network in the industry. That isn't just subjective opinion either. Verizon Wireless was just given the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Best Wireless Network Quality Performance award. They out-scored all of their competition in five regions including the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast, West, and Southwest. This survey factored in voice, text, data usage, and network quality. CTO Nicola Palmer had this to say,

We don't mind giving praise when and where it is due, and Verizon certainly has earned this award.

On a separate note, maybe the new announcement that T-Mobile will switch to Unlimited Data Plans might spur some renewed pricing competition in the marketplace. It's a good thing that the AT&T and T-Mobile merger didn't go through, because that most certainly would not have happened if it had.

Source: TechCrunch

How long do u think verizon will ride this for marketing

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
sargentmajord said:
How long do u think verizon will ride this for marketing

They'll release an acknowledgement about it, but that will be it. They've won this before ( in addition to other awards) , and they don't really brag about it. It kind of just gets smashed into the "most reliable network" slogan they have.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

sparkyindustries98

Reaction score
I'm guessing the network quality/stability is based on the signal availability itself, not how well certain devices pick it up. Even with the issues they still are ahead of every other provider that I've seen in action. They wouldn't have so many people locked in if the coverage weren't so good. Also, their new Family Share Data commercials are so well done if I didn't know that the pricing sucks for so many I'd almost think it's a great thing.

Point to point wireless