Verizon update for the Spectrum out

jet

Reaction score
i just received notification for a system update. It is not ICS.

Has anyone installed it? Does it effect root?

ARorlando

Reaction score
I just installed it. I'm not rooted but my install went fine. The download was quick on LTE; about a minute.

The update didn't automatically start. It sits there in the 'software update' menu waiting for you to click 'apply'. That's good cuz I needed to change my battery first.

It took about 10 minutes to apply the update. For a while I thought it was frozen, but it worked.

I didn't get a notification. I manually checked. But I check twice a day, so it was a pleasant surprise to see it. It did fix my browser issue.

Now, we can look forward to ICS.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Droid Forums

ARorlando

Reaction score
Nervous moment....

I needed to power down, remove the battery, install the battery, and power up, before I could get a data connection.

It kinda freaked me out as I could get e-mail, and send texts, but no internet, YouTube, or NetFlix. Simply power cycling did not work. I was worried that I would need to reset the phone, but that was not the case.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Got the OTA just a few min ago, can't see much diff, Bing is gone, yeah!
Does seem snappier, but that is to be expected after a system flush.
Now for ICS update and then a custom ROM. :biggrin:

OP
jet

jet

Reaction score
I installed the update. Took about 10 minutes. No changes to my having root permissions. Everything seems to work. The browser is faster than I recall, but I've not used it for months (I use Firefox). Frozen apps remain frozen, although they were updated.