Verizon Taking Pre-Orders for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear on Sept. 6th

drksuh

Reaction score
Serious Question: What is the advantage of preordering? Is it to get the phone sooner, or to assure getting a high demand consumer device, or is it to avoid having to go to a brick and mortar store and have a salesman trick you into releasing the unlimited data plan?

mykl376

Reaction score
I said over and over that I wanted unlimited. It was like he was trying to talk me out it. So I told him that he does not want my money and I left a little upset. I will get it Monday at a friends store.

I know they've been instructed to try to get people off of unlimited data, but to get argumentative about it seems a bit much. I wonder if Verizon is giving any extra bonuses for reps who change people to a tiered plan, or the Edge plan or whatever the newest feeble attempt they can come up with...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know they've been instructed to try to get people off of unlimited data, but to get argumentative about it seems a bit much. I wonder if Verizon is giving any extra bonuses for reps who change people to a tiered plan, or the Edge plan or whatever the newest feeble attempt they can come up with...

If it's like accessories and other ad ons it's not so much a bonus but a quota. You may even, from time to time, get a phone call from an in store rep out of the blue trying to get you to come in and buy something. I've gotten 3 since February when my wife's line went month to month.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

mykl376

Reaction score
I'm still under contract until November, I guess I should expect some calls in a couple of months!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Here is one of the ads being put out !!!

samsung+Galaxy+Note+3+and+Galaxy+Gear.PNG

acousticshade

Reaction score
I think its all about getting the right person to deal with. There are good reps & then your typical idiots with a high school education that think their smart because they work at the phone company.

There are so many good phones coming out that I think I'll wait until reviews are in and the Christmas deals start.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that a black mans hand?Black Power!!!

Sent from my HTC One rockin Jelly Bean 4.1.2

And a big handed black man at that. The phone looks like a normal phone in his hand not a phablet.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Probably not even a real hand (and drawn to look proportional intentionally).

The watch doesn't even look that ridiculous...and when I saw it on tv the other day that watch LOOKS RIDICULOUSLY HUGE. Almost like strapping the OG Droid to your wrist.

drksuh

Reaction score
I Preordered By Telephone and did not get hassled!

This morning I tried to do my preorder online to buy a GNote3 out right and it kept continuing me to the 2 year contract charging me the $299.00 price instead of the $699.00 full price that I selected. So I went to a Verizon store and talking about being harassed about giving up my unlimited plan. The guy acted like he did not want my money for the buying it out right. telling me I do not need a unlimited plan. He became argumentative to the point that I left that Verizon store. There was another salesmen doing the same with another customer wanting to keep there unlimited plan. I left so upset that I gave up for today. I will try at my friends store Monday when he is back from vacation. Has any of you had any problems with pushy sales men or problems online?
I preordered my Galaxy Note 3 by telephone and was not hassled by the Verizon CSR (Customer service representative) despite making clear from the outset that I wanted to retain my unlimited data package. I paid full price of 699 but the CSR was very helpful. He even said that they had a GN3 that they had for hands on use there at his facility and that he was jealous of me. Since I am paying full price, I am even getting insurance and extended warranty for $8 per month despite the $100 deductible. I will be so glad to get rid of my dying Galaxy Nexus with its poor battery life, terrible radio, glitchiness which is increasing, poor speakers, poor camera, etc. etc.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I preordered my Galaxy Note 3 by telephone and was not hassled by the Verizon CSR (Customer service representative) despite making clear from the outset that I wanted to retain my unlimited data package. I paid full price of 699 but the CSR was very helpful. He even said that they had a GN3 that they had for hands on use there at his facility and that he was jealous of me. Since I am paying full price, I am even getting insurance and extended warranty for $8 per month despite the $100 deductible. I will be so glad to get rid of my dying Galaxy Nexus with its poor battery life, terrible radio, glitchiness which is increasing, poor speakers, poor camera, etc. etc.

Im jealous, I need to wait for it to hit the shelves before I get one. Gotta make sure I like it before paying full retail for it! I know they have a 15 day return policy(I think), but I dont feel like the hassle and all of that jazz.