Verizon RAZR won't let me send or receive text or calls, but will let me surf....HELP

iluvasoftail

Reaction score
I am in a remote area of Kentucky and have had no previous trouble with my service and all of a sudden, I was unable to text in-or-out, nor was I able to make a call or receive a call. I had 4 bars of service and was able to check email and surf. When I tried to call out the message given to me said, "Were sorry you not authorized to use this cellular service. Please contact your home carrier for more information." What do I do?

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I live in Ky as well. Have you tried to do a reset on the phone (holding in the volume button and power button for 10 seconds -- if you press the volume button first you can avoid taking the screen shot). This should reboot the phone. If it comes up and is still having an issue, I would say it is possible that you might be having an issue with the SIM card - but that is just a guess.

OP
I

iluvasoftail

Reaction score
I am wondering if I have to actually be in a Verizon service area to reboot and not pulling off an Appalachian Wireless tower?