verizon moto droid 1 running 2.2.1 nothing is working!!!!

wolfcreek740

Reaction score
i just got the update and after my phone restarted i tries to go on the market and it wouldn't connect to the network so i restarted again and when it turned on i tried to use the internet and it wouldn't connect to anything google maps wont connect facebook isn't connecting NOTHING WORKS

is this just a problem with the 2.2.1 update ?

if so any fix's for this or are any fix's in the works from verizon or whoever the problem is coming from?

Kilgorehorn

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Droid. It probably is because of the Verizon 3g outage.

OP
W

wolfcreek740

Reaction score
i just figured it was the update cause i was working fine b4 update but it might just be coincidence that it happened when i updated :/

Kilgorehorn

Reaction score
Same here. I freaked because I thought the upgrade screwed up my phone.

kydd

Reaction score
Took me about an hour and it finally started working. Most likely the 3G outage was the prob... to many ppl accessing at once

D

dankarlinski

it never hurts to *228 either. just for future reference:)

hoppermi

Reaction score
If you did not have a custom recovery installed, accepting the update will remove root. You will have to wait until z4root updates to root again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I called Verizon tech (morons), I mean support, told them that after the FORCED MANDATORY UPDATE, the update corrupted some of my apps. The tech ask if I had a mod installed & or had rooted the phone, OF COURSE I DENIED IT, the tech said they had a number of people calling today with same problem & just to let me know that such programs violate my Verizon TOS agreement & voids my phones warranty. I again DENIED ANY SUCH DOING. What bulls*** they are feeding me it is my phone I can do as I please, what assh**** Verizon, Google, Motorola & Droid is. I asked if their UPDATE contained any code to disable any programs, the tech stated that while he can not specifically answer that question, that Verizon has the right to FORCE download & install Mandatory updates that would improve the phone, or enforce their TOS policy, (basically what ever they want) what crap. It does not seem right that they can do this.

It's their network, and it's right in their TOS that using unapproved firmware is a violation of said TOS. You sound like the type of person that conveniently "forgets" to read the TOS; much like it sounds like you didn't do your homework before rooting your phone. Had you spent some time reading up on the rooting process, you'd have known that you need to have a custom recovery installed to block the update. You'd have also known that under no circumstances should you let the update actually install.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
bgm-alchemy has posted this same post in six different places all across this site . . . Including the Droid X and Incredible sections . . . TOS reading is not his strong point ;)

Smitty

Reaction score
I got the update last night about 11 PM here in Kansas. After updating my phone (Droid 1) also would not work. I noticed I had excellent signal strength however I had no 3G. After about an hour I tried again and everything worked fine. I am not rooted. I have read on this forum for those of you who are rooted be wary of OTA updates as most of you are fully aware. My phone does contain some apps that are not Verizon or Google approved (some used to be in the market but have been pulled by the powers that be) So far it appears everything is still working as it should. As for any improvements to the OS, battery life, or other mentioned perks of this update I have found nothing worth dancing in the street over!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you did not have a custom recovery installed, accepting the update will remove root. You will have to wait until z4root updates to root again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Or use link 3 in my sig to root the right way.