Verizon LTE down?

hachimachi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Twitter
haachimaachi
Los Angeles here.

I get up for work @ 4:30 A.M. I was on 4G on my thunderbolt dropped me down to 1X, 3G was also on 1X. I did a reboot and 3G is working good... but still no 4G.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I called this morning and wanted to vent about my experience with vzw rep.

First, this is the 2nd outtage in my area in 2 weeks. First one was overnight. Woke up this morning...data outtage.

I kinda freaked because I just flashed the 4.0.3 radios.

So I called vzw...the guy had a nexus too. His attitude and tone was very condescending and self-righteous. I asked him basically do I have to pay for service even when its down. If I pay 30 bucks a month...and data is out for a day during that time period...Pro-rate me. Thats what my ISP does. Sure its only a buck...but the principle of the matter is that Im paying them for data even when they have it down. Why should I (as a consumer) pay for a service that isnt provided? I dont care if its a dollar. Mulitply that dollar by the entire customer base and its millions....that should be enough incentive to keep your data up and running.

Secondly...hes trying to tell me (assertively of course)...that I have 3g...its only 4g thats down. I told him...no...I have neither. On 2 4g phones. He said...WELL...I have a gnex and I have 3g. I said REALLY...are you located in Arlington TX?.....he goes...no ...Im in south carolina. I said...well then dont tell me that I have 3g....Ill make a video and post it on youtube and send you the link if you think I do. By that time I had enough of his condescending tone.

Basically....they didnt do anything.

SO....to make matters worse....I toggled airplane mode on. Went to turn it off...it hangs up....random reboot. SOB.

Not a good morning. Im starting to believe that LTE is buggy as hell.

fr34kaz0id

Reaction score
Down in Denver, Colorado

Woke up to 1x. Rebooted phone and now its on 3G but spotty in most areas. Hopefully it will be back up by the end of the day

Dan_08

Reaction score
Down in VA...they are crediting me $1.99...rather have 4g. VZ better figure this out, at least give us notice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

blester

Reaction score
Yea down in Philly. Running of 3g

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Binky75

Reaction score
In Michigan bouncing in and out of 3g have not seen 4G at all today.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

geoff5093

Reaction score
Verizon had stated that 4G would be live in Goffstown, NH on the 15th. Well the 15th came and while other towns that were promised 4G did have it, we still did not. Now around the 18th or so I was able to manually connect to 4G by toggling LTE only mode, which allowed me to keep 4G and do some quick speedtests and data work, although I was only getting 5-7Mbps down and 100-300Kbps up. Now for the past few days I can't even manually switch over to 4G, all I get is 1x and 3G. I called up Verizon and they said that my area does have 4G coverage, and when I told them that even though the map shows 4G coverage I don't get any she said sorry that's all the information I have. I'm getting sick of all these 4G issues...

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Everyone back online with their 4g devices? Seems we all were without data for at least 3-4hrs (didn't read the engadget article yet).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Yup, it's back up. Went down for me last night around 1:45am PST.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

GeLopez

Reaction score
4g is not back for me in dallas tx 11:36 but i have 4 bars of 3g in my nexus, yes the nexus that has never seen more than 2 bars of anything.