Any Android LTE phone without internet issues?

Charged

Reaction score
I'm on my sixth Android LTE phone (currently a Thunderbolt). I use the mobile hotspot feature as my source for home internet. Every one of my phones will suddenly have the internet stop working forcing me to either reboot or simply use this handy "restart connection" app. A couple minutes later my home computer is back on the internet. A few minutes to 10-15 minutes and it stops again. Are there any phones out there that do not have this issue? (PS it's not my location. I'm near a tower and had flawless LTE coverage when I had a mobile hotspot device - ie not a smartphone)

Natey2

Reaction score
Could the Carrier be throttling your data usage? My cable service provider does something like that which requires me to reboot my cable modem to regain connectivity if I do significant uploads (100GB+) to a new online backup service provider (I've had to change a few for various reasons).

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

tituswife

Reaction score
I'm on my sixth Android LTE phone (currently a Thunderbolt). I use the mobile hotspot feature as my source for home internet. Every one of my phones will suddenly have the internet stop working forcing me to either reboot or simply use this handy "restart connection" app. A couple minutes later my home computer is back on the internet. A few minutes to 10-15 minutes and it stops again. Are there any phones out there that do not have this issue? (PS it's not my location. I'm near a tower and had flawless LTE coverage when I had a mobile hotspot device - ie not a smartphone)

Yes, I'm having issues! Only 3G here, but in last several days it's been miserable. Tech blamed my phone, suggesting they'd send a replacement. She also didn't believe me when I told her with 3G I could talk and surf at the same time. At least, when I have Internet. Next time, I'm going to ask for a credit. And throttling doesn't mean no network at all, just slower.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Insidious

Reaction score
From what I've heard, the RAZR, Rezound, and Stratosphere seem to be most stable. The reason that these phones are having such a trouble switching between 3g, and 4g is because the networks are 2 different technologies. 3g is based on cdma, whereas 4g is based on gsm. So, going from one network to another network can cause an unreliable handoff. AT&T, most like will not have these handoff issues because there 3g and 4g networks are both gsm.

Edit: toggling between the 2 networks can cause this network issue, so you have 3 possible problems. Either the tower is having issues, your thunderbolt's radio is being faulty, or you're in a particular spot that's being plagued with spotty 4g, thus causing the slow handoff's/no data. The third option problem isn't the case since you stated you're in an area with great 4g. If the problem persists you might want to call customer support.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
LTE is a GSM based network. So your Thunderbolt has a GSM radio for 4g, and a cdma radio for 3g.

Reaction score
Well the issue here is you have the tb lol. Jk the razr has been really good to me. Sometimes i have to toggle but not often.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums