VERIZON INTERNAL DOCUMENT SHOWS EXISTING CUSTOMERS ABOUT TO BE SCREWED

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure what everyone is reading but that PDF document clearly states throughout the memo that this is for "smartphones", not people who have a simple dumb phone. (perhaps I'm reading it wrong?) I think the person who made the video is reading more into this than what it actually says, as this document specifies "smartphones" only.

tap'n on my S5
Verizon is trying to block the people who have a dumb phone line, use the upgrade to get a smart phone and either sell it or switch it to another line.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, agree this is just closing that loophole and nothing more.

Although, curiously I did get a call just a few days ago about upgrading my phone and new plan options. Said I wasn't interested, she thanked me and that was the end of it.

I've been getting those calls about every 3 months. Believe it's coming from my local VZW store, most likely as a "push" to generate revenues/business.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup - it's just officially closing up the loophole. My 80 year old Mom won't be forced into a data plan like it was made to seem like this was all about. She's got a flip phone and text messaging blocked.

The loophole they are closing would have been I got a smartphone with Mom's upgrade, moved it to my line and now Mom must keep data package on her phone since I used her flip phone upgrade on an Android. (this is just my way of explaining it).

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup - it's just officially closing up the loophole. My 80 year old Mom won't be forced into a data plan like it was made to seem like this was all about. She's got a flip phone and text messaging blocked.

The loophole they are closing would have been I got a smartphone with Mom's upgrade, moved it to my line and now Mom must keep data package on her phone since I used her flip phone upgrade on an Android. (this is just my way of explaining it).
However if you have a family member that already has a smart phone, lie my mom, and doesn't want to use their upgrade this would have no effect.