Verizon Data Outage?

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
YES! ive been worried i was the only one.

hawaii here

also when making phone calls i get a message stating "verizon activation center is currently unavailable due to an emergency." not verbatim

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
huh...thats really strange...ive had plenty of data myself...who knows

LrdElderon

Reaction score
I've had localized data outage in about a 1 mile radius around my house and subdivision where before last wed I've had a perfect 4 bar connection and 3g speeds routinely up to and over 2mb/s now all of a sudden I can't connect to a data connection at all and my voice connection is fluctuating wildly. The phone is pretty much useless until I drive like 2 miles away and then everything kicks back on and i get full 3g again.

I've called tech support almost everyday since last wed trying to get this fixed and I'm pretty sure it's the verizon tower thats visible from the house (I think it's about a mile) but they won't seem to hear anything I say when I mention tower. after my like 5 call I find out that none of the techs I called even bothered puttting in a trouble ticket. Finally got one though. It's ridiculous. They even had me exchange my phone and it turns out it's not even the phone it's the network.

How long to fix? 1-10 business days.... are you f'n serious? call again, 2-4 days.... call again oh the rep didn't put a ticket in so it's going to be another 2-5 days... WTF verizon. you have a severe signal outage in 1-2 mile radius in a spot thats had perfect coverage. If it was the energy company or a competent data center this would have been fixed in under 24 hours tops usually.

Ok sorry for the rant. I'm just disgusted. It's been over a week with my droid being totally unsuable for anything but watching movies i put on it. I even told them the problem is most likely that transmitting tower, it's registered to verizon and it's the only nearby tower so I can only assume that it is what covers my area.

ggrrrrrrrr i want to use my droid *cry*

LrdElderon

Reaction score
I have been with no data for past 30 minutes...Anyone else? I am in WA state...wondering if it's my phone or real data outage...

I live in Vancouver WA, and I have data.

Whats the xmitting distance on towers? being in the same state shouldn't really matter he could be having a bad tower too or I've heard sometimes cell companies messing with their signal outputs can interfere with each other... *shrug*.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sooooo as it turns out...

my phone doesnt work cause i didnt pay the bill :D

verizon is a bunch of damn money lovers!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
sooooo as it turns out...

my phone doesnt work cause i didnt pay the bill :D

verizon is a bunch of damn money lovers!
LOL. Had this happen once. Was about ready to smash my phone (long before the Droid) and come to find out it wasn't service that was the problem, it was my payment :)

advan06

Reaction score
This happened to me on my droid last week. I spoke to a tier 2 tech from verizon and he suggested doing this:

1. Take out the battery with the phone ON.
2. Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and POWER ON.
3. (for verizon) Dial *228 and update roaming capabilities (this is option 2 on the automated machine)
4. DONE!

He suggested that if that does not work, back up all your settings, then do a full system reset
Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset

and if that does not work, it's the phone that is the problem, not the network.

Again, this is for my DROID