Verizon blocking tether

shikaki

Reaction score
Wireless?

Thanks for you r quick response!!! Do you mean via bluetooth or some other way?

NattyBee

Reaction score
Thanks for you r quick response!!! Do you mean via bluetooth or some other way?
Wireless Tether for Rot Users works via wifi...you can also try EasyTether available in market...costs $9.99 for initial purchase, but it works like a charm...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
There is also a wired tether app from the same developers of wireless tether. No need to pay for easy tether or anything else. I would have thought that by now the 5gb cap was out of peoples minds. Who keeps this rumor going? You can use as much data as you want each month...period. As long as it's coming from your phone. And as far as I know, the hacks being used to allow free tethering will show that the data is.coming from your phone. Now...if they wanted to Verizon could say "well the is no way you are downloading so much flash content to your phone since you have 2.1 which doesn't support flash" (or some other content..just an example) and bust ya lol.

There is NO CAP for what you use on your phone. Just make sure if you tether that you are accessing content that you could also acess from your phone.

shikaki

Reaction score
Thank you both very much!!!

Wireless tether works great!!! Verizon is lost in their own greed!!!!

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
update: I called VZW, and the tech support rep told me that they were experiencing 3g internet outages for much of my region of the country that day (when I originally posted). Was back up yesterday and have been good since.

so what we have here is yet another instance, where, the gut reaction is Verizon is cracking down on tethering. Everyone that believes tethering is stealing stops reading your first post, and uses it as undeniable proof that they are right. They then spread this rumor in other threads that have issues with tethering. That answers the following concern....

I would have thought that by now the 5gb cap was out of peoples minds. Who keeps this rumor going? You can use as much data as you want each month...period. As long as it's coming from your phone. [/snip]

There is NO CAP for what you use on your phone. Just make sure if you tether that you are accessing content that you could also acess from your phone.

so the above is the reason why the rumors keep going. Not understanding what goes on and the accusation that it must be verizon/sprint/t-mobile/whoever must finally be cracking down on all the scum of the earth that tethers 100GB per month.

pretty soon, there will be a poster that says "I can't wait til they finally start busting people..." in a sour grapes sorta post
or
someone will post a cancellation paper for a non-droid phone for an issue unrelated to tethering as 'positive-proof'

itether - exclusively
istream
idownload
ibittorrent
ixboxlive

iStillhaven'tbeencancelledorchargedextra

shikaki

Reaction score
pretty soon, there will be a poster that says "I can't wait til they finally start busting people..." in a sour grapes sorta post
or
someone will post a cancellation paper for a non-droid phone for an issue unrelated to tethering as 'positive-proof'

itether - exclusively
istream
idownload
ibittorrent
ixboxlive

iStillhaven'tbeencancelledorchargedextra[/QUOTE]

I agree a thousand percent. If anyone is stealing it is Verizon, to take a perfectly good phone and break the functionality, so that they can charge more. Keep in mind they didn't charge $10 for the phone, with the disclaimer that most functionality will be broken. They sold all the whistles and bells for the $200. per phone without any disclaimers at all!!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but recently I've been having a problem tethering myself, and I know what I'm doing. It's typically in the late night hours, and like the OP stated, the connection will timeout. So, I disconnected the tether connection, and accessed the site on the phone itself with no problem.

Like I said, it's typically between 3a-4a EST. I've tried resetting the connection and power-cycling my phone, and doesn't fix it.