V CAST Media Manager Subscription?

kcook323

Reaction score
Do I have to use this or is there a way to disable it from automatically d/l? Every night I get 2 messages in my dropdown menu, Subscribe to V CAST and V CAST Media Manager upload fail.

Kendra

Sent from my HTC Rezound using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been off of stock so long I don't think I can tell you. This was one of the first apps to go. Do you have any other VZW apps installed? I'm guessing one of them is causing this.

jrredho

Reaction score
Hey Kendra,
Do I have to use this or is there a way to disable it from automatically d/l? Every night I get 2 messages in my dropdown menu, Subscribe to V CAST and V CAST Media Manager upload fail.
This exact topic came up as a bit of a side discussion in the thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-general-discussions/201369-unable-upload.html Unfortunately, I cannot think of any way to stop it without unlocking/rooting your phone, but if it is rooted the answer is in that thread. good luck, john

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
Thank you both. I didn't d/l any Verizon stuff on purpose, it just what came with the phone. I guess when I updated in Google Play, I upgraded those too, not thinking. It's the only thing about my phone I don't like, junk I don't use.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. I didn't d/l any Verizon stuff on purpose, it just what came with the phone. I guess when I updated in Google Play, I upgraded those too, not thinking. It's the only thing about my phone I don't like, junk I don't use.

That was the reason we temp rooted way back when(6 months ago lol)

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
That was the reason we temp rooted way back when(6 months ago lol)

I'm chicken poo. lol My husband doesn't like technology either, so, if I ruin my phone, it would be an "oh well". hahaha

I will say that I am jealous of those that are brave and knowledgeable to do it.

*jealous in a good way. ;)

~Kendra

MikeyTG

Reaction score
If you go into settings, accounts and open the vcast media manager, you can uncheck all of the sync categories. I have it that way and I have never seen a message about it.

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
If you go into settings, accounts and open the vcast media manager, you can uncheck all of the sync categories. I have it that way and I have never seen a message about it.

You are AWESOME! Thank you so much!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using DroidForums