USTREAM Questions

whitk33

Reaction score
In reading through these forums, I find numerous questions about viewing USTREAM on a Droid with a mixture of remarks/answers/wishful thinking provided. Some people say that the Flash update fixes everything, others say that the current Broadcast Viewer app is enough. I am more than confused.

My specific question is this. I am caring for my critically ill father. I have set up a webcam in his room and broadcast it via USTREAM. That works fine when I am in front of a laptop, but not when I am on the road. Hence, I bought the Droid so I could access the feed where ever I happened to be.

1. The USTREAM Viewer App does not seem to allow me to pull up my broadcast but rather a select number of featured broadcasts. Does anyone know if this is going to change or if there is a way to get to my channel?

2. When i go to USTREAM via the Droid browser, I can get to my channel but after entering the passwords, the actual video never starts playing. I am thinking this might be where the Flash update comes into play, but I am not sure. Any ideas?

3. This is the catchall.....if not USTREAM, is there another way to accomplish this?

I appreciate any help I can get on this.

robjective

Reaction score
I broadcast my church's service with UStream and I have been able to view the video stream with the Android app.

Make sure your cam is broadcasting, before you start the app.

When you start the app, the "Live" tab at the top will be selected and the "Featured" tab at the bottom will be greyed out because it is selected. Click on the other tab "All Shows". This will allow you to find your "non-featured" show. Then select the search icon. The search box will still be titled "Search Featured and Live Popular Shows", but you will be searching all broadcasts.

It will be helpful if you named your stream something unique to make the search easier.

OP
W

whitk33

Reaction score
I am getting closer, I think, but still not there. I can view some streams via the
USTREAM viewer app, but can not find my stream. If I go in through the browser, I can get to my page, but the stream never comes up after I enter the password. I think this has to do with the Flash player, but I am not sure.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I broadcast my church's service with UStream and I have been able to view the video stream with the Android app.

Make sure your cam is broadcasting, before you start the app.

When you start the app, the "Live" tab at the top will be selected and the "Featured" tab at the bottom will be greyed out because it is selected. Click on the other tab "All Shows". This will allow you to find your "non-featured" show. Then select the search icon. The search box will still be titled "Search Featured and Live Popular Shows", but you will be searching all broadcasts.

It will be helpful if you named your stream something unique to make the search easier.

I'm having an issue finding my stream as well. I don't see a "Featured" or "All Shows" tab. On top I have "Live" "Recorded" and "My Videos". On the bottom is a slider which reveals the search filters. I keep everything on "All" and enter the name of my feed. It never finds it.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I got UStream to work. The problem was I had it configured to require a password to view. Apparently that doesn't fly. My streams need to be public in order for this to work.