Using Stock Camera Gives You Location

shugknight

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys knew this, but I thought this was REALLY cool. I started using the Stock Camera App again, after I got sick of bad pictures with Zoom FX Camera.

First off, I noticed my pictures are coming in more crisp. Not sure if it's just the different settings that I've taken, but from my Droid, they look great.

Second, when looking at pictures in the 2.1 Gallery, I noticed the folder the pics I recently took were in, had the town of my brother's house underneath it. When I looked at the details, it actually had the exact address and location of my brother's house!

I thought this was one small addition that will definitely keep me from using any other camera app's out there.

masterxchief

Reaction score
The location feature for pictures was in 2.0.1 too. Its hidden in the camera settings. I agree with you that its a pretty cool feature.

Laramie

Reaction score
The geo-tagging of pictures is cool.

From a camera app standpoint, I tested the stock camera against FX camera and Camera Magic, and Camera Magic seems to give the sharpest pictures.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

warrior21

Reaction score
Is there a setting for this? Mine just says location unknown

psujames41

Reaction score
How is this a cool feature? What does it really do besides suck up battery? Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Mikejl

Reaction score
How is this a cool feature? What does it really do besides suck up battery? Is there a way to turn this feature off?
Yeah, all it does it suck up battery. :icon_ nono2:

This is a nice feature when your travelling or on vacation.

Mike

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Well, it could be cool if youre on vaca or traveling and want to show where all your pics are from. Iphoto and plenty of other photo organizing apps use geotagging for organization. It's a nice feature to have for something like that.

To leave it on constantly...I don't know.

cloud12077

Reaction score
Here is one that will pickle your brain. I took pictures off my computer and put them on my droid and it has the location for those pictures (from a completely different phone). Yet the ones that I took while in DC on my droid doesn't have the location on them.

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score

Is it me or has this site changed from when the Droid first came out? When the Droid first came out, everything AND everyone on this site was nice and civil. Now all I ever hear is people b*tching and complaining about everything regarding the Droid.

As soon as thread comes up about a Droid feature, within 5 minutes there's someone that replies negatively about it.

IN AWE

Reaction score
When in settings look for "Store Location"

Turn it off if you don't want the location of your pictures.

On, if you do.

Hmmmmmmmm............either way it just shows location as unknown. Gps is enabled. oh well. Thanks.