Stock Camera Problems

AmyBradford922

Reaction score
Hi, Im new to this forum but have turned here for other issues reguarding my Motorola Droid phone. I notice that the stock camera on my phone only has 3 setting for saving a picture. 5M Pixels, 3M Pixels and 2M Pixels. When I take a picture and send it to someone through email, the picture comes out HUGE. So big that the eyeball takes up the whole computer screen. How do you get your pictures to be smaller for sending though email or text? I have it set on the lowest (2M) and it is still happening.

Is there another Camera App I can download that is better than the stock?

Thanks, Amy!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well I should know this but I dont... I do know their are othr apps out thir like vingette and fx camera .. hopefully with 2.2 we will see some fixes with the camera, I know they are updating the camera, just not sure how it will affect it..

OP
A

AmyBradford922

Reaction score
Thanks Shadez. I just didn't understand why the pictures were SO big. You can't use them at all and when you go to open them on a computer, you can't see but an eyeball of a person. I tried the fx camera but it kept forcing closed so I uninstalled it. Guess I just can't use my camera on this phone....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well I was getting that to, I do know that when i put it at 3 megapixels or th middle one, and emailed the pics it looked fine sizewise. But if you want, I think you might like vingette, its a paid app, but the pics are all sized right and plus has many effects, you can try and it and refund it within 24 hours if it doesnt work for ya..

KevinJ

Reaction score
The photos are so "big" because of the resolution of the camera. a 5mb file is a large image, size-wise.

I would suggest getting an app which allows you to resize the image. (I can't tell you which one, because I don't use my camera phone).

OP
A

AmyBradford922

Reaction score
Do you use Handcent at all when sending pictures?
Like if I share a picture and send it through handcent, its HUGE... I try to send through gmail but the picture never comes through. Theres like Picasa on there and Im not sure what that is.. lol
I just got this phone 2 weeks ago so Im really still new to it.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea Im not sure with picassa, I just got it the other day and havent really messed with it .. but try setting your resolution to the middle setting.