Using European Milestone in Canada Questions

M5LY

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just joined this forum recently. It's a pleasure to be here with all the android users out here. Lot's of support! I bought a European version of the Milestone as opposed to waiting for it to arrive in Canada and feel that I've made a huge mistake. After reading a few postings on this forum, it seems that my GSM band doesn't match the one in Canada (I'm on Fido) and also, I can't take advantage of the 3G network. Crap. If anyone could give me some insight on how much of a negative impact this is, I would really appreciate it!

I am also very lost on the Google Navigation that is free and working beautifully with the Droid. I've been hearing that there is a cracked version for the Google Nav for the milestone but I'm really confused as to how to get this done as some posts on here says that you just need to install google maps onto the milestone. So does the installation of the maps (cracked) include the software to work the Google Nav on the milestone?

sorry for the newb question guys or if all this stuff is already in detail on the forum. please excuse my lack of searching skills.

Nice to meet all of you.

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome M5LY.....I'm not really sure about your questions...and I also didn't know Google Nav wasn't readily available on the Milestone....

Someone you may wanna hit up and talk to though, is one of the super administrators of this forum, his name is RinTinTigger and he has a Milestone also and would probably know ALL about what you wanna know about...

I wish you luck though man!! :)

DAGr8

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just joined this forum recently. It's a pleasure to be here with all the android users out here. Lot's of support! I bought a European version of the Milestone as opposed to waiting for it to arrive in Canada and feel that I've made a huge mistake. After reading a few postings on this forum, it seems that my GSM band doesn't match the one in Canada (I'm on Fido) and also, I can't take advantage of the 3G network. Crap. If anyone could give me some insight on how much of a negative impact this is, I would really appreciate it!

I am also very lost on the Google Navigation that is free and working beautifully with the Droid. I've been hearing that there is a cracked version for the Google Nav for the milestone but I'm really confused as to how to get this done as some posts on here says that you just need to install google maps onto the milestone. So does the installation of the maps (cracked) include the software to work the Google Nav on the milestone?

sorry for the newb question guys or if all this stuff is already in detail on the forum. please excuse my lack of searching skills.

Nice to meet all of you.

hey there We are in the same boat , lmme tell you there is no good data plan on fido so your best move is to delete your Fido 's APN therefore you will not get any surprise bill , I dotn think google maps works offlien , but just go on the market its free and you can install it for free. btw you will only get EDGE speed no 3G , I been doing many tests , the final test will be to try the TELUS files once they are made avaolable , witch should be soon since the phone is already out ,,,