Used goomanager...now my phone can't get out of the download screen...help??

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
So I downloaded goomanager before for my s4 to try to install a recovery that would allow me to back up data and now I'm stuck in the 'downloading..do not turn off target!' screen and I can't get out of it...no matter what buttons I hold down, battery removal, etc. I need to be able to access my phone once my day starts and I'm kinda flipping out now. My phone is on 4.3 and rooted as you probably would've guessed. Would I need to use Odin or something similar to solve this problem???

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Just pull the battery for 1 minute and start your phone. It should be fine.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Have you tried to boot into recovery by holding the power & volume up buttons? You may have to reinstall the recovery if goo manager messed it up

Tapped from a Moto X

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
None of those methods have worked for me. I appreciate the feedback though. anybody else have any other ideas?

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Have you tried to boot into recovery by holding the power & volume up buttons? You may have to reinstall the recovery if goo manager messed it up

Tapped from a Moto X

I've tried both up and down buttons as well as in the middle and still nothing ;_;

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
When in download mode, do you get a prompt asking "is this what you want to do"?

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
When in download mode, do you get a prompt asking "is this what you want to do"?
nope just the 'downloading..do not turn off target!' message and it stays there. I'm hoping it's not permanently bricked?

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Maybe Odin on the pc will solve it? I'm pretty sure I've done this before. The menu I got stuck in I'm pretty sure looked a little different though.