Use upgrade for s3?

dwg3333

Reaction score
I have the same question. Which is better GNEX or GS3? I love the features on the GNEX. What will I miss the most by switching over?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Like the other 10 threads about basically the same thing...Is it the only upgrade you have for another 2 years? If yes, then I'd say no. An amazing phone for sure and I love everything about it, buuuuut if it doesn't appeal to you immediately and you like your Nexus, I see no reason to switch over just for the hell of it. You can wait till the end of the year, THEN use the upgrade, and that way you'll have an upgrade available every year.

Never used a Nexus, but as long as updates have resolved all the issues it initially had, then I don't think it'd be worth it.

debrad0307

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
Like the other 10 threads about basically the same thing...Is it the only upgrade you have for another 2 years? If yes, then I'd say no. An amazing phone for sure and I love everything about it, buuuuut if it doesn't appeal to you immediately and you like your Nexus, I see no reason to switch over just for the hell of it. You can wait till the end of the year, THEN use the upgrade, and that way you'll have an upgrade available every year.

Never used a Nexus, but as long as updates have resolved all the issues it initially had, then I don't think it'd be worth it.

I completely agree. I love my S3 but like you said, if it doesn't appeal to you then you should stick to what you have.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I had several nexus and had issues with all of them. Connection and battery issues became unbearable. Although I prefer the idea of the nexus being a developer phone and prefer the design I switched to the s3. I have not had any issues with the s3 and I love it. The phones are very similar in my opinion. displays are equal, camera on s3 crushes the nexus, call quality is equal, s3 will have jelly bean soon as well.

My advice is this! If you like ur nexus and have no issues with it then I would not bother switching. Very similar phones! If my nexus "worked properly" I would never had made the jump.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is always something new around the corner.
If you have to ask then the answer is "no".

Upgrade only when it's compelling.
With the next crop of phones in the next six months sporting thigs like Tegra3 processors, I would not be upgrading right now.

jimbobby

Reaction score
I got my galaxy s3 that I got a decent contract (I probably wouldn't have bothered as I had an iphone 4s unlocked) with recently and im loving the experience even with the stock on it at present until I get used to Android having come from iOS. I dont think you can really go wrong with the s3 in my opinion. My iphone 4s will be getting sold off :icon_ devil:

jimbobby

Reaction score
I agree as well about something new always around the corner but if you keep waiting you will be waiting forever thinking like that :blink: