Use Google Voice as "Emergency Line" (aka: Never Silent Incoming Calls)

CrossFireXT17

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking into the possibility of making my Google Voice my "emergency line" and don't want it to ever go silent... anyone know of a way to do this?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by going silent? You mean the ringtone, or something else?

OP
C

CrossFireXT17

Reaction score
I mean like even if I set my main "ringer volume" (from the Verizon line) to silent, I want my google voice account to still ring if someone calls me on it (incase of emergency)... guess it call comes from one number right? So maybe there is an app to make a certain number always ring?

modette

Reaction score
No offense, seems like a hassle to me...meaning it could go off during a move, a restaurant, a restricted area like a court, or courtroom. Just seems like another number to remember to silence.

I guess I do not understand the need.

OP
C

CrossFireXT17

Reaction score
where is it at? I was looking through it and didn't see it... maybe I misssed it though

Slider46

Reaction score
No offense, seems like a hassle to me...meaning it could go off during a move, a restaurant, a restricted area like a court, or courtroom. Just seems like another number to remember to silence.

I guess I do not understand the need.

As long as the number was only used in a real emergency (family member in the hospital, home broken into, etc) (also meaning you only give it out as an emergency-only number) I don't think I would mind if the phone went off in any of those situations.

If something happened to a loved one, I very highly doubt anyone would care if my phone rang in a movie or even in a courtroom.

smokinfish

Reaction score
where is it at? I was looking through it and didn't see it... maybe I misssed it though

Go to Preferences - Emergency Contacts - Enter Contact - Select Ring Tone - Start Service and your good to go. You can also make it so your phone goes to silent mode every night and turn back on in the morning. You can specify what ever times you want. You can also do it by location. So if your in your office it will automatically put your phone on whatever function you want it to perform and when you arrive at that location it will turn it on and when you leave it will turn it off. I like this program better than locale

My 2cents