1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

USB interface possibilities??

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by engineerjoe, Feb 19, 2010.

1. engineerjoe

engineerjoe New Member

So I was wondering if it's been thought of yet to use USB devices (specifically a USB oscilloscope) connected through the USB port on the Droid? You could also do something similar for swapping data between devices (via the USB port)

It might be a stupid idea or more trouble than it's worth, but I thought it was worth asking. :reddroid:

edit: Yes, it's possible
    Found this:
    http://www.tombom.co.uk/blog/?p=124
  2. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

It might be possible, but you'd still need drivers to make it work. It looks like it is a Windows device, and Android runs on a Linux platform. I don't think that oscilloscope would even work on desktop Linux, let alone Android.
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

As far as I know and from what I've read, the Droid does not have USB hosting capabilities. I'm not sure how much of this is hardware or software limitations, but just passing on information I've read.
  4. machineheadg2r

machineheadg2r New Member

USB hosting is still being hacked. It will be possible eventually but if it doesnt get rolled into and update its gonna take time to hack it.
Search tags for this page
android oscilloscope hardware
android oszillosscope software

android usb interface

android usb oscilloscope
android usbinterface
droid razr endoscope
usb android oscilloscope