Upgrading with Radioshack Help!!

needadroid

Reaction score
Ok you guys. My official upgrade date is on Nov. 4, 2012. On Friday my mom called Verizin to see if we could upgrade because some of our phones weren't working at all and they granted us updates but only if we order over the phone. So my mother and I want to order our phones from Radioshack. (I'm getting the Razr HDfor $150.) But we're not sure if we can just order the phones from Radioshack now and then just call Verizon to activate them. Also, the Verizon rep said the earliest we order from an actual Verizon store is on the 29th, a week before the official upgrade date. So if we can't order the phones now, do you think it's possible to order the phones from Radioshack on the 29th? or do we have to wait to the official date? b/c my dad and sister just got their smartphones (b/c they bought theirs over the phone) and now im so anxious to get my phone!

So if anyone has any experience in ordering a phone from Radioshack or any second-hand stores.. plz post them or even iif you have any type of information on this process.. plz comment!!
thx!

Last edited:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I got my Bionic from Radio Shak for $100 when they were still $300 at VZW. The transaction went smooth. I can't answer your other upgrade issues.

Bishang

Reaction score
You have to wait for your actual upgrade date to get it from Radioshack. They can't override it for you. And Verizon will usually only allow you to upgrade early if you upgrade from them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Bishang said:
You have to wait for your actual upgrade date to get it from Radioshack. They can't override it for you. And Verizon will usually only allow you to upgrade early if you upgrade from them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

This is partially true. With Verizon you are able to actually upgrade 7 days before your listed eligibility date.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Needadroid listen to jackiescivic she is in the business and is quite knowledgeable on the topic. From my personal experience Verizon on the phone will let you upgrade before anybody else, they can override their own rules somewhat. Jackie is queen of this topic.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Needadroid listen to jackiescivic she is in the business and is quite knowledgeable on the topic. From my personal experience Verizon on the phone will let you upgrade before anybody else, they can override their own rules somewhat. Jackie is queen of this topic.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

Aww shucks, thank ya!