1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

upgrading from safestrap 2.0 to 2.11

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by 4low4fun, Sep 15, 2012.

1. 4low4fun

4low4fun New Member

Interested in upgrading from v2.0 to v2.11 so I can try some of these JB roms floating around.
    My first questions is what's the process of updating? Please don't say i have to sbf my phone back to stock and start all over..
    My second question is if I do upgrade can I still run ics based roms? Loving myfishbears eclipse as a daily driver. I just want to try one of the JB roms for a day or so to see what all the fuss is about.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

boot into your unsafe system. go into saestrap there and uninstall recovery than dl 2.11 and install it reflash recovery... thats it
  3. 4low4fun

4low4fun New Member

Simple enough! Thanks dude!
  4. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

np bro
  5. 4low4fun

4low4fun New Member

Now if AND when I load a JB rom am I going to have any issues switching back to eclipse?? Like I said before I prefer eclipse over my unsafe system so I don't want to do all this work only to be stuck with an alpha rom...
  6. jviper6000

jviper6000 New Member

Okay so a few weeks ago I got bad info and was told to just go into safestrap 2.0 hit uninstall recovery than download 2.11 and install, that sounds good and all but note I did this on my safeside.....so now I still have safestrap on my phone and can flash with it but when I go into the 2.11 app it says not installed. My question is if I switch to my unsafe side, uninstall the recovery and install the new, when I go back to the safe side will my rom still be there? Thanks for any replies!
  7. jviper6000

jviper6000 New Member

N/M! I downloaded the safestrap 2.11 apk for the XT910 when I have the XT912! the link I initially used didnt specify what phone it was for or that it was phone specific. I was on my safeside downloaded the 2.11 app hit install and it did just that right over 2.0.
Search tags for this page
how to update safestrap
how to upgrade safestrap

safestrap 2.0

safestrap 2.0 to 2.11 update
safestrap 2.11 apk razr xt912

safestrap 2.11 download

safestrap 2.11 download for xt912
safestrap v2
safestrap v2.11 help