upgrading from safestrap 2.0 to 2.11

4low4fun

Reaction score
Interested in upgrading from v2.0 to v2.11 so I can try some of these JB roms floating around.
My first questions is what's the process of updating? Please don't say i have to sbf my phone back to stock and start all over..
My second question is if I do upgrade can I still run ics based roms? Loving myfishbears eclipse as a daily driver. I just want to try one of the JB roms for a day or so to see what all the fuss is about.
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Interested in upgrading from v2.0 to v2.11 so I can try some of these JB roms floating around.
My first questions is what's the process of updating? Please don't say i have to sbf my phone back to stock and start all over..
My second question is if I do upgrade can I still run ics based roms? Loving myfishbears eclipse as a daily driver. I just want to try one of the JB roms for a day or so to see what all the fuss is about.
Thanks in advance!!
boot into your unsafe system. go into saestrap there and uninstall recovery than dl 2.11 and install it reflash recovery... thats it

OP

4low4fun

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
boot into your unsafe system. go into saestrap there and uninstall recovery than dl 2.11 and install it reflash recovery... thats it

Now if AND when I load a JB rom am I going to have any issues switching back to eclipse?? Like I said before I prefer eclipse over my unsafe system so I don't want to do all this work only to be stuck with an alpha rom...

jviper6000

Reaction score
Okay so a few weeks ago I got bad info and was told to just go into safestrap 2.0 hit uninstall recovery than download 2.11 and install, that sounds good and all but note I did this on my safeside.....so now I still have safestrap on my phone and can flash with it but when I go into the 2.11 app it says not installed. My question is if I switch to my unsafe side, uninstall the recovery and install the new, when I go back to the safe side will my rom still be there? Thanks for any replies!

jviper6000

Reaction score
Okay so a few weeks ago I got bad info and was told to just go into safestrap 2.0 hit uninstall recovery than download 2.11 and install, that sounds good and all but note I did this on my safeside.....so now I still have safestrap on my phone and can flash with it but when I go into the 2.11 app it says not installed. My question is if I switch to my unsafe side, uninstall the recovery and install the new, when I go back to the safe side will my rom still be there? Thanks for any replies!

N/M! I downloaded the safestrap 2.11 apk for the XT910 when I have the XT912! the link I initially used didnt specify what phone it was for or that it was phone specific. I was on my safeside downloaded the 2.11 app hit install and it did just that right over 2.0.