Upgrade to unlimited 3G without having a 3G phone

leland_7

Reaction score
Have been scouring the interwebz and calling family and friends to try and find a 3G capable phone to activate before tomorrows deadline.

However, as I called Verizon to check an ESN on a used phone I found out they are allowing ppl to activate 3G on their plans even though the phone isn't technically 3G.

I have an LG Chocolate 3 (VX8560) and I just verified online that unlimited data has been added to my plan.

This should be great news to those trying to get by until the Bionic releases. Thought I'd share.

OP
leland_7

leland_7

Reaction score
can a mod delete this post. it's filled with lies and misleadings b/c verizon reps don't know what they're talking about.

jseah

Reaction score
Have been scouring the interwebz and calling family and friends to try and find a 3G capable phone to activate before tomorrows deadline.

However, as I called Verizon to check an ESN on a used phone I found out they are allowing ppl to activate 3G on their plans even though the phone isn't technically 3G.

I have an LG Chocolate 3 (VX8560) and I just verified online that unlimited data has been added to my plan.

This should be great news to those trying to get by until the Bionic releases. Thought I'd share.

Unlimited data has been added to your line, but it is unlimited data for feature phones. So now as long as you use a feature phone, you will have unlimited data. However, if you want to switch to a smartphone, you will have to pick a tiered plan.