Upgrade or stick with the droid?

woosung

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've had the Droid X for about 2 years now. I'm thinking about upgrading to the HTC Rezound on Verizon. It's free on Verizon now!
Should I upgrade now or should I wait for another phone? Any other suggestions?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you checked out the Rezound yet? What about any other phones available?

The rezound is a great phone but of course the same can be said for a lot of the others. Head to the store to check them out. If your concern is price a "free" rezound is a great deal

OP
woosung

woosung

Reaction score
I haven't check it out yet but I have seen other phones. I really like the Samsung galaxy S3 but it's too old to get for $200 at Verizon. Any ideas when that phone might go on sale (not necessarily free but reduced price)?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I haven't check it out yet but I have seen other phones. I really like the Samsung galaxy S3 but it's too old to get for $200 at Verizon. Any ideas when that phone might go on sale (not necessarily free but reduced price)?
No idea which phones are going to go on sale. Hard to argue against getting a free Rezound though, so I see your dilemma.

I had the S3 for a week and really liked it, but I didn't like it more than my Nexus so I returned it. For a phone that's considered old now, it really is pretty future proof. It's supposed to get the JB update soon if not already and with its hardware it'll stay relevant for quite some time. I don't know how HTC is with updates, but the Rezound is no slouch either when it comes to hardware

livinginkaos

Reaction score
If your phone can make it another 5-6 months, I would wait for the next set of Moto phones to be released, but that's me. You just can't beat Moto's radios.

DROID BIONIC on 246

ambrown

Reaction score
Don't do it!!

The Rezound that is. Unless you're dead set on HTC then I'd recommend the Droid Incredible 4G anyway. Right now you can get the Droid Inc 4G for free at a few retailers (that aren't Verizon) till the end of January. And if you really want something nice Wirefly is selling the Droid Razr HD (non-Maxx) for free to existing Verizon Customers and it's going for $50 to new Verizon Customers. Amazon is also having a similar deal on the Razr HD but for $0.01 instead of plain free. But you should hurry if you want to take advantage of the deal as it ends on January 31st (two days from now). So if it's free you want there is a whole lot better than the Rezound selling right now.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Agreed wait for something better if you want a free phone you might as well wait for something decent.