Soo...what's the next HTC phone for Verizon?

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
Verizon's changed their exchange/return to 14 days so pretty much u'll be using a 3G phone until ur upgrade. Of course u can buy a 4G device at box price or by then on eBay or from someone. There's ways around everything I suppose.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I think once 4G becomes nationwide, 3G phones will become obsolete. I remember when verizon launched evdo phones, the service kept switching between 1x and evdo which caused battery drain. Now evdo phones are history cuz 3G phones took over

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
They seem to be keeping them both running. With one 4G out I'm sure it'll be like that until the map shows completely 4G. So atleast for a couple years.

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
I heard that's why they held back the tbolts release(I also think it had to do with all the hype of the iPhone still being so high). I know people are still having battery problems so what did they fix?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I think it all had to do with iphone. They wanted to get more sales before the tb launched. It's all business

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I think it all had to do with iphone. They wanted to get more sales before the tb launched. It's all business

I've considered that as well, and while that may be a part of it, I think it might have more to do with problems with the rollout of the LTE system and the phone itself that really held it up. Not that the iPhone doesn't figure in there at all, but I think there were deeper issues than that.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
To be honest I read somewhere that metropcs 4G phone also suffers bad battery life. So it has to do with lte I guess. I think verizon or htc will give bigger batteries or start including them in new phones.

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score

I've considered that as well, and while that may be a part of it, I think it might have more to do with problems with the rollout of the LTE system and the phone itself that really held it up. Not that the iPhone doesn't figure in there at all, but I think there were deeper issues than that.

I don't think its going to last I hear all the time about how much battery the tbolt sucks. Way more then a normal 3G android and mostly due to the 4G I'm sure. Hopefully they figure something out before the next 4Gs premier. Not to mention its running off a sim card which can be deactivated and useless by doing the ota programming.

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
4G will last I meant more of the hype of the iPhone will die but more people will begin to see its small glitches and wait for something more useable. Even thought the tbolt is an all around good phone so far

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Oh I think the overall hype of the iPhone is gone. But I will say this. It is a very nice piece of hardware. It has a place in the world just like Android does. I picked up the iPhone 4 for my wife and she absolutely loves it. She never liked my Incredible. I'm intending on staying with Android as long as possible, but I really would like to see the fracturing decrease. And people talk about Apple fans throwing away money on a new iPhone yearly. Yeah, that's once a year. How often are new Android phones coming out?

Oh, and 4G is hard on the phone. Works it much harder, plus there is the increased strain con constantly looking for a 1x, 3G or 4G signal. Just putting a heavy load on the phone.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
4G will last I meant more of the hype of the iPhone will die but more people will begin to see its small glitches and wait for something more useable. Even thought the tbolt is an all around good phone so far

If the incredible 2 has the same specs as tb but 3G, ill take over tb. I rather have good battery life than carrying a charger with me all the time.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If the incredible 2 has the same specs as tb but 3G, ill take over tb. I rather have good battery life than carrying a charger with me all the time.

Bingo. If you want to see the phone, this should be it. Including the specs and appearance.

HTC - Products - HTC Incredible S - Overview

Everything that is being said tells us that the Incredible S is being renamed the Incredible 2 here.

scrizzo

Reaction score

Bingo. If you want to see the phone, this should be it. Including the specs and appearance.

HTC - Products - HTC Incredible S - Overview

Everything that is being said tells us that the Incredible S is being renamed the Incredible 2 here.

1.1 gb of storage? Hoping thats after sense and bloatware. The 768mb of ram is great though. I'm upgrading from a droid.