updated to 2.2 earlyer

drunkclever

Reaction score
Hi!

i like to learn about what i am addicted to currently.. my dx dancedroid

Around 3 or 4 in the morning I saw posting of the froyo hanging around. I was tired and looked around for the update.zip file. found what I was looking for once I woke around 5:40 to 6:00. I changed the directory to the sd card root and downloaded it. Then I changed the name and installed it according to what I have read in various threads. Everything is working great. Only problem is with the market.. which I should fix as soon as I read up on using the android SDK program. I am sure there lots of threads about it so all I have to do is some research. There are a couple of questions that I have yet to find answer for, namely..

1. If I did a factory reset on my dx that I updated to 2.2 will it revert to factory?

2. After updating to 2.2, I plugged my dx into the car charger and noticed this made my dx shut off... anyone else experience this?

more on question 2..
:icon_eek: huh..? yup. I wondered what happen.. so I unplugged it and waited for it to boot up.. pulled the battery out.. put it back in.. booted into recovery and cleared the cache'.. the booted up.. made sure everything was working fine. Plugged the car charger in and sure enough the phone shut off again.. not I am not sure if its crashing or if its just shutting off.. wait.. there sort of the same right?

any answers would be appreciated. thank youz.
drunkclever.

steeleshark2

Reaction score
1st here is the build.prop to fix the market issue.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...arket-issues-use-mod-apps-not-showing-up.html
Easiest way to fix it is download the file at the bottom of the initial post and use root explorer to paste over your current build.prop in your system folder. Then reboot.
2nd, I have read that someone did the factory hard reset and kept 2.2 Froyo.
3rd, My X has no issues at all with the chargers. Dunno what can be your issue.

Last edited:

oo3

Reaction score
If your DX is updated to 2.2 and you do a factory reset, it will stay at 2.2. If you want to downgrade back to the original 2.1, you'll have to do the SBF method.

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
thanks for your help guys. it took less time than I thought to go from 2.2 to 2.1. the bulk of the time was spent on finding the VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01 file.

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
update.. flashed back to 2.1.

Looking for the thread that mentions something about updating to 2.2 and keeping the root.. superuser access.