1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2.2 Change - Beep and vibrate when turning off?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by kevinkar, Sep 24, 2010.

1. kevinkar

kevinkar New Member

Just got the 2.2 update yesterday. Now, when I shut the phone off, it beeps once and vibrates briefly. The day before it said "Loss of Service" and played the notification tone I set.

What's interesting is that I still have my notification tone set to Moonbeam and that works. I have the main ringtone set to Mildly Alarming and that works. Both are what were set in 2.1

At no time did I set anything to vibrate or beep. So, why is 2.2 beeping/vibrating when turning the phone off and how can I change this?

Sorry for the lame question. I'll continue looking on my own but if anyone knows the quick answer or can tell me what I'm just not seeing, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kevin
  2. zoe

zoe New Member

i don't think it has anything to do with anything you did, mine does the same now too. somewhere in the settings i turned haptic response off a while ago, and this is the only time my phone vibrates now. annoying little bonus 'feature' with froyo i guess. i expect within a few days we'll be seeing some new fixes for the extra issues the update brought to us
Search tags for this page

android no service beep

android power off vibrate
disable shutdown vibrate on droid razr
disable shutdown vibration droid x
droid 2 powerdown vibration off
how to turn off vibrate on s3 shutdown
loss of service
motorola milestone 3 beeps on power down
phone vibrate when powering down note 2
samsung galaxy note vibrate when turn off power off
samsung galaxy note vibrate when turning off power off