[Updated] The Space Themed MMORPG: Vendetta Online Needs You for Beta Testing!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Austin, TX

The folks over at DroidGamers got an exclusive preview of a new Android Port of a 3D space-themed MMORPG for the Android, called Vendetta Online, by Guild Software. Originally, this game was just for the PC, but the sharp developers at Guild Software decided to create a port for the Android OS.

The developers indicated that it will probably need a Tegra 2 or other dual-core chip to run properly, but they also shared that it might be possible to run it on other Android hardware. A beta release is currently planed for this month if all goes well.

The game is somewhat similar to EVE Online, although not nearly as economy-centered. It's basically a space-ship themed simulator with combat and upgradeable space-vessels. It's even being designed to be cross-platform compatible with the PC version, so you can battle it out with your friends from the coffee shop while they are at home on their PC's. Above is a video at CES of the game-play in action. Looks like another addictive habit to chew through my Android's battery life... :icon_rolleyes:

Source: DroidGamers and Vendetta Online
    by dgstorm
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. mewshi

mewshi Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Having played VO for a few months, and having looked at EVE pretty closely, I can pretty conclusively say they're not all that similar...

Also, VO has been around for... years... I remember getting frustrated with the tech workers at my university my freshman year because the lag was too bad to really play the game.

EVE is... economy-driven... just sayin'.
Search tags for this page

space ship mmos for android

space themed android mmo