[Update] Netflix App Update Brings Hidden Remote Feature for PS3

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;agZWu1-lD20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZWu1-lD20&feature=player_detailpage#t=1s[/video]​

Yesterdays Netflix Android app update brought an unexpected hidden feature. Along with an updated UI, it also brings the ability to use your android as a remote for Netflix on Sony's PS3. The remote function allows you to search videos and gives you full control over the video player. To use the new feature you must have the app installed and updated on both your PS3 and Android Device. You can see the new remote feature in action above. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Source: Phandroid

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm liking the PS3 and Android features we've been seeing.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm liking the PS3 and Android features we've been seeing.

Ditto. I'm a new netflix user so I haven't really used it much but I have been enjoying the youtube function so I can control YouTube via my Nexus7 (or any mobile device for that matter). Its very innovative and useful. My 2 year old son doesnt' care about cartoons. he wants to see racing. Mostly rally sport racing. YouTube on the PS3 fills that beautifully and I can change stuff wherever I am.

swc2001

Reaction score
Ummmm Awesome!!
I wish it would work with my 3D Blu Ray Player!!

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Yesterday's update????

My phone and my tablet both indicate the current version of the Netflix app is from Sept. 6th. Got on my PC to check the Google app store and found the same thing.

The "current version" I have has no PS3 functionality.....

Where would it be possible to obtain this "newer" version??

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
What version of Netflix has this functionality? The one on my phone is v2.0.0 build 635, and I'd love to be able to give this functionality a shot.

You can do the same with YouTube as well with the PS3!?

Edit: Well, I hadn't logged into Netflix in a few weeks, and I noticed that the UI has been updated. I guess I'll toy around with this some more when I get home this evening...

SteveIrv

Reaction score
OK...my phone (Droid Razr M) and my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0) both got the Netflix update this afternoon...version 2.10.

Doesn't do anything for/with my PS3.

????

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Sooo...did anyone, anyone at all get THIS to work???

I tried everything I could think of yesterday and nothing.

Sounds like a report of vaporware to me, along with a fake Youtube video....