The Netflix Interface Update Now Comes to Android Phones as Well

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;RoTGW8QMuPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RoTGW8QMuPA[/video]​

The Netflix improved user interface has already come to Android Tablets as well as the iPad and the iPhone. For whatever reason, it has taken Netflix quite a while to extend that new UI to Android phones. That is now changing. According to reports, the newly improved UI version of Netflix will be rolling out as of the time of this article (or sooner). Here's a quote with some additional detail,

As seen on other devices, it's focused on larger artwork, and offers the ability to scroll through many more titles, as well as search its streaming library from anywhere within the app. Users can tap once on a title to see more info about it or double tap to start playing immediately. The new UI is available on hardware running Gingerbread and above.

It makes you wonder what took them so long?

Source: Engadget

angelman

Reaction score
It looks much better. THey just need to do two important things now.
1) fix the abomination that is the PC interface. Trying to slap a tablet UI onto a PC web page is not the way to go.. It is really really unusable and slow
2) Please can we browse shows in landscape format. I am watching the shows in landscape I dont want to have to keep flipping the phone or worse if I am using hdmi I dont want to have to rotate my head 90 degrees when trying to search for movies..

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I had the updated ui for about 2 hours last week then it was gone, now it is back. Looks good to me!

Chris

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Tegamal

Reaction score
I had it on my .232 Bionic, told my wife & she saw it on her GNex. Mine no longer has the new UI, but hers does. I've tried uninstalling & wiping data, with no luck.

Any ideas, anyone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

draculam3k

Reaction score
I had it on my .232 Bionic, told my wife & she saw it on her GNex. Mine no longer has the new UI, but hers does. I've tried uninstalling & wiping data, with no luck.

Any ideas, anyone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Same issue over here. The new ui for about a minute then nothing but my girls both have the new ui.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

draculam3k

Reaction score
Same issue over here. The new ui for about a minute then nothing but my girls both have the new ui.

Am I the only one who is still on the old interface of Netflix? :confused:

KL1

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is still on the old interface of Netflix? :confused:

Nope. I also get the old interface. I saw it 1 time and then it was back to the old one.

Sent from my IcarusHD Bionic

fireman00

Reaction score
Ever since Netflix put out this new UI the application has been running MUCH slower then previously. And there's no way to uninstall or rollback. Garbage.