Update locked my phone up

Top_Droid

Reaction score
I just updated my Dorid X the the settings panel, and it changed my status bar from white to blue. The phone will start up and load all my previous apps, but then it wont let me do anything. If i try opening an app or anything else it FC's and if i click FC, rather than wait or report. It blanks out my screen and I have to pull the battery to try something else.

I'm running GoLauncher as my default home screen.

Pleas help!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You updated your phone to Gingerbread. You will probably need to wipe data which will erase your phone (but not your SD card)

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try a factory reset. Go into settings/privacy/factory reset.

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Try a factory reset. Go into settings/privacy/factory reset.

Is there anyway to do that remotely? Every I try to do anything it FC's or just doesn't launch any apps

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boot into stock recovery by turning the phone off. Then hold power and camera and volume buttons. Then when you see the triangle with the!, hit the search button. scroll to wipe data/reset. Do it there and reboot

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a d2, so im not totally sure of the dx button combo. Try what I suggested though

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Boot into stock recovery by turning the phone off. Then hold power and camera and volume buttons. Then when you see the triangle with the!, hit the search button. scroll to wipe data/reset. Do it there and reboot

It took me to a bootloader screen, but it just says

"Bootloader 30.04"

"battery OK"
"OK to Program"
"Transfer Mode:"
"USB"

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats the bootloader. My bad, power and the home key. Like I said, not on a dx here. Trying to remember the dx combos

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Thats the bootloader. My bad, power and the home key. Like I said, not on a dx here. Trying to remember the dx combos

Great, I got to the triangle with the !, but nothing else happens when I hit the search...or anything else for that matter.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score

Great, I got to the triangle with the !, but nothing else happens when I hit the search...or anything else for that matter.

For giggles try pursuing the power button from that screen...

Sent from my DROID2

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score

For giggles try pursuing the power button from that screen...

Sent from my DROID2
It doesn't do anything from that screen. I hit the power button, and tried holding it. I have to pop the battery out.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
On Gingerbread instead of the search button its the volume button down. That's what worked for me

RubiX Focused DX