Update from Android Jelly Bean to 4.4

Maddy30

Reaction score
Hi Friends,
A buddy of mine wants to go from Android Jelly Bean to Kit Kat. He has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211. How would he be able to do this?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It looks like the last firmware to the Tab 3 was 4.4.2.

OP
Maddy30

Maddy30

Reaction score
It looks like the last firmware to the Tab 3 was 4.4.2.
He said that it was not available in his country and asked me how he was able to do it himself. I had no idea and that is why I asked. :D

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
He said that it was not available in his country and asked me how he was able to do it himself. I had no idea and that is why I asked. :D

Yeah it's not possible to go to 4.4.4. , but 4.4.2 is kitkat. If you download the firmware from Sammobile.com you can flash it manually using a Windows program called Odin. It is very easy once you have selected the appropriate firmware for the tab.

OP
Maddy30

Maddy30

Reaction score
Yeah it's not possible to go to 4.4.4. , but 4.4.2 is kitkat. If you download the firmware from Sammobile.com you can flash it manually using a Windows program called Odin. It is very easy once you have selected the appropriate firmware for the tab.
Thanks for you answer, but it was 4.1 to 4.4.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks for you answer, but it was 4.1 to 4.4.
It's pretty simple to do.
1. Download the firmware from sammobile.
2. Download and install Samsung Kies and run it on the PC to install the drivers. Reboot the PC afterwards.
3. Download Odin 3.09 onto a PC. Download Odin Latest Version 3.09, 3.07 and all Earlier Versions
Extract it from the zipfile using a program called 7Zip.
4. Put the tablet into Download Mode. This is usually done by pressing and holding the Power Button and Volume Down Button until the tablet reboots. Then pressing the Volume Up Button when prompted to confirm starting Download Mode.
5. Start Odin on the PC, plug the tablet in via USB to the PC, select the AP button on the right hand side, target the firmware you downloaded, select start.
6. The tablet will reboot with 4.4.2.