Unwanted messages from chat sites???

Blossom151

Reaction score
Look I am sorry if this has been posted and answered before....but how in the heck do I get these messages from dating chat sites and offers from credit card company's to stop....and how in the heck did they get my info??? I've only clicked on one CC company message thinking it would take me to texting so I could reply STOP....but nooooo it took me straight to a website...so now every day and weee in the AM I am getting these things....so when your husband/boyfriend wife or girlfriend gets these dating messages,...when they say they have no idea....give em a break....chances r they r telling the trueth.....

So back to my question...how do I get them to stop when its not even coming through my text messaging...and I haven't been on the I internet in forever....can this be part of the do not call list?( which I know only last 6 months, I think)...
Thanks for the input and sorry for the mini b¡†©¿ fit

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
It is most likely an app. Try downloading and running airpush detector from the market. It will tell you which one.
Are they text messages or just messages showing up in your notification bar?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Blossom151

Blossom151

Reaction score
They're just showing up in the notification bar with a star, can I use this app even if I'm not rooted?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Looking at the description of the app it does not mention root access being required.

JRParsons

Reaction score
It does not require root.
I'm gonna guess it is some music download program.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Blossom151

Blossom151

Reaction score
ok, well I will look into it. and thanks a bunch, tho I haven't downloaded any music apps in a very long time, except Amason MP3, but thats been around Christmas when I got my Kindle Fire. and these messages just started a few weeks ago...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Let us know how you make out.

Beka27

Reaction score
I was getting a bunch of spam notifications also, and always with the little star icon. I installed Air Push Detector, it found what app was sending them. I uninstalled the app and have not had a single bit of spam since.

What I didn't realize is that even apps you might have installed a long time ago, may have updated the permissions to include the spam. And if you don't dissect every update completely, it could easily sneak past.

OP
Blossom151

Blossom151

Reaction score
OK guys sorry for taking so long to get back, I did the download as y'all said and it was a stupid theme for go launcher,but not developed by go launcher, can't remember who...but I won't do that crap again...so thanks guys~ y'all are the best!♥

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That's awesome. I'm glad you were able to figure it out!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk