Slot 1: 400000
Slot 1v: 27
Slot 2: 700000
Slot 2v: 38
Slot 3: 100000
Slot 3v: 56
Slot 4: 1300000
Slot 4v: 68

Using this preset I basically had 4-5 reboots in a matter of 4 hours.

I liked the speed while it was functioning, but have since moved to the 1.2 preset (I'll spare the details), but what I'm wondering is that from reading a fair bit, I'm seeing higher voltages seem to equal greater stability, and so I'm wondering at 1.2 or 1.3, what are safe voltages to play around with that would fall in the category of "high voltage"?

I've been searching the forum here, and at XDA, for answers for a while now with no luck - so if this has been a common discussion and gets no responses I'll take the hint and try harder.

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Well just a minor update, but it's been over an hour at the preset 1.2 with no reboot, so I'm guessing the 1.3 needs a bit of tweaking I'm simply not yet comfortable with.

If this stays stable, it might be good enough. The performance increase is still notable, though also not as much.

Dustin.

Reaction score
The voltages may be a little too low for the first 2 slots.

Might try upping them a little bit and see how that goes.

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Reaction score

Can you recommend any increments to try?

Apologies, I'm quite new to the overclock world and have had a difficult time understanding what kind of parameters are safe in these kinds of things.

Dustin.

Reaction score

Apologies, I'm quite new to the overclock world and have had a difficult time understanding what kind of parameters are safe in these kinds of things.

Try

Max: 1300000

Slot 1: 450000
Slot 1v: 36
Slot 2v: 48
Slot 3v: 55
Slot 4v: 67

Somewhat how I have mine setup just at a lower overclock. I tweaked the voltages a bit to kind of match how that would work with the 1.3GHz settings. Let me know how it works out!

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Reaction score

Try

Somewhat how I have mine setup just at a lower overclock. I tweaked the voltages a bit to kind of match how that would work with the 1.3GHz settings. Let me know how it works out!

Mega, thank you. Will give this a shot this evening. Really appreciate it.
icon14.gif

Dustin.

Reaction score

Try

Mega, thank you. Will give this a shot this evening. Really appreciate it.
icon14.gif

No problem man! Let me know if you need anything else!

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Well early signs are promising, my first reboot (which I thought was just a fluke) earlier was less than an hour in. Temp is remaining pretty consistent at approximately 86 degrees F, everything running very smoothly.

Hopefully the same can be said around this time tomorrow, but regardless of the result thanks again for trying to lend a hand, Dustin.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Well early signs are promising, my first reboot (which I thought was just a fluke) earlier was less than an hour in. Temp is remaining pretty consistent at approximately 86 degrees F, everything running very smoothly.

Hopefully the same can be said around this time tomorrow, but regardless of the result thanks again for trying to lend a hand, Dustin.

Post back and let me know how it runs threw the night, if the reboot problem proceeds, I'll tweak with my D2 when I get home and see if I can't find a set profile for ya!

And no problem man, that's what I'm here for!

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Well, a couple hours on and it's reboot a couple of times so I've reverted back to the 1.2 profile (the most stable thus far, no reboots), does this generally indicate there's still an increase needed?

Also, any idea as to why the issue diminishes at higher voltage?

Dustin.

Reaction score
Because at lower voltages, it becomes unstable because its not getting enough juice. So it just shuts off. Ill work on a custom profile for ya tonight.

Sent from my DROID X.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i use to be able to run at 1.4 on the newest apex rom with only one unexpected reboot since it came out. On squidlyrom i was able to go as high as 1.35 with same results but lately i'm back to 1.35 max i dont know why but i'll stick with 1.35 does anyone know why this would happen how can i run at 1.4 no probs for a long time and all of a sudden its 1.35 max.

I'm hoping someone can hack that damn bootloader so we can load up custom kernals and one day get cyanogenmod on our phones. i was all hyped for the moto etna but now i'm not sure going to wait it out. my brother gave me the d2 for an early christmas present so i'll rock it for almost a year and hopefully something will come out thats perfect for me until d2 all the way.

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Because at lower voltages, it becomes unstable because its not getting enough juice. So it just shuts off. Ill work on a custom profile for ya tonight.

Sent from my DROID X.

Cheers, thanks again man - you've been boatloads of help.

Here is all the information you need to overclock intelligently. While it was written for the D1, the theories are still valid: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

And this is a HUGE help. I've been basically looking for just this and failing utterly and completely. Thank you.

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Reaction score
So I've been riding the 1.2 preset in the DX/D2 Overclock app and it's been entirely stable, but it's a wonder how that little .1 difference between clocking at 1.2ghz and 1.3ghz makes in performance.

I've still had little to no luck with any recommended voltages at 1.3 - but I'm seeing some folks report stable profiles at as high as 1.4, is each device really that different or am I just barely missing something crucial here?