Unrooting, help! i cant find my origional youtube.odex!!

koralyne

Reaction score
Okay, so my mother wants me to unroot her phone, The only thing i did to it was give it was to force hq on youtube. now, i thought i kept the origional youtube app on MY sdcard, but i cant find it anywhere. I think i left it on my previous computer when i got rid of it...

so, my questions:
1) do i have to bring back the origional youtube app to unroot (im guessing that if i dont, it will make the app unusable)
1a)theory: maybe the root was only needed to replace the app, can i unroot and still use the HQ youtube app?
1b)if i leave the Hq youtube app, will the unrooting process replace it with the origional? im guessing not, but it cant hurt to ask.
2)Is there any way i can get ahold of the origional youtube app via a download somewhere?
3) Is there any way to find out if there was any other rootwork done to the phone? because i think i might be missing something, i thought i did two things to the phone, but i cant remember.

thanks~

choklitcow

Reaction score
All the youtube hack (which I believe you are talking about) which is included in many different versions of rom's does is change a setting within the youtube app. It is not a new version of youtube.

When you restore the phone to stock (by whichever method you choose) your youtube will go back to downloading videos in standard first.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Much appreciated, thanks for the info.