Help Unrooting Motorola Droid

sjmejia408

Reaction score
Hello yall.. I need to unroot my droid, now before you ask, yes Ive searched this topic and all the threads i've come across are either super confusing or super confusing lol..

i watched this video on youtube which probably had the easiest unrooting process ive seen so far, only problem is i dont have the option he describes in step 7.. anyone have any suggestions?? i really need this phone unrooted.. thanks in advance

heres the video..

[video=youtube;AEj_grcVK24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEj_grcVK24&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Motorola Droid - How to UNROOT your device - The EASY way![/video]

when i enter recovery mode my options are:

- apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/factory reset
- wipe data partition
-install zip from sdcard
-nandroid
-partitions menu
advanced

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
Hey i used the same tutorial, i had to downloaded the paid version of rom manager, and choose to use sprecovery, not clockwork, it will not work with clockwork, the app is like 3 or 4 bucks, but then you can choose to boot into sprecovery instead of clockwork and you will have those options

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i didnt watch the video but link 1 in my sig will show you how to unroot

any more questions just ask :)

OP
S

sjmejia408

Reaction score
Hey i used the same tutorial, i had to downloaded the paid version of rom manager, and choose to use sprecovery, not clockwork, it will not work with clockwork, the app is like 3 or 4 bucks, but then you can choose to boot into sprecovery instead of clockwork and you will have those options

Awesome! thanks for the help!! i will update on how it goes :)