unlocking the phone to foreign SIM cards not working

zero7404

Reaction score
i have a known working SIM card that i bought in Europe some time ago. the card is confirmed working as of today i have a gsm phone i've tried it with. but when i insert it into the d2g and enter the codes i was given by verizon, it returns an error, so i cannot unlock the phone for foreign SIM use.

i tried searching everywhere but can't find more info on this and i know some others have this problem as well.

could it be a certain type of sim card that the phone will not accept ?
or a defect in the device ? verizon has offered to provide me with an additional unlock code but still waiting for that to arrive so that i can try it.

if it is a defect, i have 2 weeks left to return the device and get a brand new one. i don't want a refurb, so i'm not going to wait long to do this ...

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
maybe some sim cards dont work with moto phones? i know with the bb storm i had no problem with the same sim card after unlocking the phone

sent via wireless device

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
do any droid 2 global owners even care about this issue ? it's a real problem, as you can see in this thread:

[Q] Droid2Global SIM Unlock codes not working. - Page 3 - xda-developers

if the case is true that some phones are permanently locked and cannot be unlocked, then i should exchange the device and try a new one while i am still within 30 days of receipt of this one i have.

if verizon is doing this deliberately with the intent of forcing people to use their sim solution, then that's something many ppl won't like. i can see this may be the case because they risk losing business from international travelers, but that's their problem because they have thru the roof $$ for international services ...