unlock screen question

brandon2x

Reaction score
First of all i'm new to this forum. Usually an XDA guy but I'm done with their bs. Got a warning tonight because I voiced my opinion about being mad that they keep moving my questions to different sections. They were totally wrong in doing it tonight so I'm done with them.

I have a question about the unlock screeen. Does anyone know if it's possible to put the htc sense lock screen on the X? The curved bar that you pull down on to unlock? I'm cureently running Liberty 1.5 rom and I'm not interested in using widgetlocker either just fyi! Thanks!

MonKENy

Reaction score
widget locker has that slider you are talking about I think. Ill take a pic for you in a min and upload.

OP
B

brandon2x

Reaction score
Yeah that's what everyone told me. I downloaded it. Works good so far I guess. Thanks.

MonKENy

Reaction score
Is this what you want?

48d07d17-c391-c503.jpg

rolling along on the wheels of x'dom

vatothe0

Reaction score
To build on this idea...

Is there a way to hide the unlock swipe icons? Not looking to remove the feature, just the visual que of what to do.

Sent from my DROIDX

turdbogls

Reaction score
To build on this idea...

Is there a way to hide the unlock swipe icons? Not looking to remove the feature, just the visual que of what to do.

Sent from my DROIDX

so you just want to get rid of the actual buttons or bar in this case but still have it work just as it would. it is possible and actually pretty simple.copy widgetlocker to your SD card, find or make a transparent icon (i have one if you need one) and insert it into the drawable-hdpi folder named as the image you want to replace. move the app to system/app folder, change permissions, delete the original one from Data/app, reboot and enjoy.

vatothe0

Reaction score
That's exactly what I want to do. I don't have any experience with widget locker so I didn't know that was possible.

I assume this would also allow me to "hide" the mute bar as well.

If you could post the transparent icons that would be awesome. I won't be home for another 12+ hours to try making my own.

To build on this idea...

Sent from my DROIDX

so you just want to get rid of the actual buttons or bar in this case but still have it work just as it would. it is possible and actually pretty simple.copy widgetlocker to your SD card, find or make a transparent icon (i have one if you need one) and insert it into the drawable-hdpi folder named as the image you want to replace. move the app to system/app folder, change permissions, delete the original one from Data/app, reboot and enjoy.

Sent from my DROIDX

MonKENy

Reaction score
You can do the no lock option. You just use the back button to unlock. You can set how long you need to hold it down to unlock. I have it set to 500ms. Its a nice clean look and it gives you more room to work on the screen.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Is there a specific app for this? I tried one called "no lock" and this didn't appear to be an option

You can do the no lock option. You just use the back button to unlock. You can set how long you need to hold it down to unlock. I have it set to 500ms. Its a nice clean look and it gives you more room to work on the screen.

Sent from my DROIDX

MonKENy

Reaction score
No in widgetlock under settings/look and feel/slider & layout

Then under buttons & inputs/back press duration

And make sure advanced/root bypass 5 sec timeout is checkes

vatothe0

Reaction score
Got it! Looks like what I wanted and easy enough to unlock

Sent from my DROIDX

vatothe0

Reaction score
Now I'm really getting somewhere...
I put the same Beautiful Smaller Home widget on the top edge that I have on my home screen. Now when I unlock, the background brightens and the rest of my home screen shows up

Sent from my DROIDX

MonKENy

Reaction score
Have you seen the thread about posting home screens? Some really cool things in there. Glad your moving along.