unlimited text messaging question

stiflersmom

Reaction score
I have unlimited text messaging and when I send a picture it says "Applying SMS. Charges will apply." Does it cost extra or not at all since I have unlimited texting to begin with? I had a Razr years ago and it never said that.

reloaded.89

Reaction score
The "Charges Will Apply" prompt is to inform you that the phone will be sending a MMS instead of a SMS. Since you say that you have unlimited, (VZW has multiple tiers of "Unlimited" messaging, ex: Unlimited to VZW, and 500 to non VZW; or 1000 to non-VZW, etc., you may or may not get charged, sorry.
However, so long as you're sending the picture to another Verizon user, you shouldn't be charged additional fees, if it's to a non-VZW user, then the MMS will count towards the allotment that VZW gives you to message non-VZW users.
To anyone else, please feel free to correct me, I fear sometimes I might have misunderstood what VZW likes to define as unlimited in their contracts.

aacanela73

Reaction score
What plan are you on exactly. If you are on the Select plan with verizon you won't have any charges with MMS or SMS messages.