unlimited text messaging question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by stiflersmom, Dec 28, 2009.

1. stiflersmom

stiflersmom New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have unlimited text messaging and when I send a picture it says "Applying SMS. Charges will apply." Does it cost extra or not at all since I have unlimited texting to begin with? I had a Razr years ago and it never said that.

2. reloaded.89

reloaded.89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The "Charges Will Apply" prompt is to inform you that the phone will be sending a MMS instead of a SMS. Since you say that you have unlimited, (VZW has multiple tiers of "Unlimited" messaging, ex: Unlimited to VZW, and 500 to non VZW; or 1000 to non-VZW, etc., you may or may not get charged, sorry.
    However, so long as you're sending the picture to another Verizon user, you shouldn't be charged additional fees, if it's to a non-VZW user, then the MMS will count towards the allotment that VZW gives you to message non-VZW users.
    To anyone else, please feel free to correct me, I fear sometimes I might have misunderstood what VZW likes to define as unlimited in their contracts.

3. aacanela73

aacanela73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What plan are you on exactly. If you are on the Select plan with verizon you won't have any charges with MMS or SMS messages.

Search tags for this page
are picture messages included in verison unlimited text

does unlimited texting include sms verizon

does vzw unlimited text include sms?
droid bionic unlimit text messages
will sms charges apply, if i have unlimited text?