unknown artist/album

phil500

Reaction score
Hey,

I just got a droid and put a bunch of songs on it. most are .wav because i hate mp3.

anyways- it wont identify any of the songs. tried syncing with windows media, nothing.

any help?

also, is there a way to get a 4th and 5th "window" on the desktop? one to each side?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
It wont identify the wav files because they can't be ID3 tagged like an mp3. It doesn't get artist/title info from the filenames but from the ID3 tags.

WAVs are massive files and the audio quality on a mobile device through headphones isn't good enough to be able to tell the difference even for the hardest core of audiophiles. So why use WAV?

ashkev843

Reaction score
Hey,

I just got a droid and put a bunch of songs on it. most are .wav because i hate mp3.

anyways- it wont identify any of the songs. tried syncing with windows media, nothing.

any help?

also, is there a way to get a 4th and 5th "window" on the desktop? one to each side?
The helix launcher on the market will allow you to change how many screens you have.

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
You HATE MP3's?

You are aware that the quality difference between a WAV file and an MP3 is indiscernible to the human ear, right? Also, the file size is about 10x larger with WAV meaning you can fit more songs, and have them tagged with ID3 tags as well when you use MP3 encoding...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

phil500

Reaction score
thanks for the tip about the helix launcher. is it an app? when i press home screen, i have a choice now. if i set helix to the default, can i switch back?

also, how do I add the screens I want?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Yes, you can switch back to the default home anytime you want. You add more screens in menu>configure>screen size.

JDub

Reaction score
Just rename the .wav to .mp3 and they will work.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I have a ton of "unknown artist" folders in many players. I organize all my music by alphabetically by artist . And Music Folder app (free w/ ads or premium w/ no ads) plays it

It allows you to build play lists by folders that you have organized any way you want/
mort player does the same thing in that it lets you play your complete folder, but can't build aplay list from multiple folders....

Vitticeps

Reaction score
If you have a bunch of mp3's that need tagging there are several apps out there that will automatically tag them for you. They can't always figure out the tags but probably about 80-90% of the time they work for me.

My favorite is MP3 Tag Express. It's $20 and not very polished in appearance but it is very effective. There may be good free alternatives too but I haven't found one yet.