Universal charger ?

xenonn

Reaction score
Hi there.

I don't have my original charger for my phone, and i just got a "universal charger" (a usb plug one) the guy at the phone service said should work fine with my phone.

My question is this:

i noticed the tiny text saying this charger has imput: 15 Amp and output 1 Amp VS the original charger which had an 850mA output (I think it was output xD)

will using this charger damage my phone/battery? or reduce the battery life over time (more then the stock charger would)

Its not some cheapo rip off charger, this is what the guy recommended

But i really want to be sure.
Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

OP
X

xenonn

Reaction score
... just read the title? i guess..

either way issue is long tested and solved, got an original charger since the universal one heated up.

iaanhayden

Reaction score
Yes it could be good idea. Going to a universal charger will be a boon for both users and the natural environment by decreasing the allowance of waste, since less chargers have to be thrown away. will make life a lot simpler for users, who will be adept to charge their wireless telephones utilising any accessible charger.

OP
X

xenonn

Reaction score
Can a mod or admin please close/ lock or straight out delete this thread?
Sice its utterly pointless.

DesiDroid

Reaction score
An S3 recently exploded in Hong Kong and Apple has had to start offering original chargers at $10 after someone died of electric shock, both were using after-market chargers. Dude, stick to an OEM charger because it is not worth the risk that comes along with it.