Unable to connect to Microsoft Outlook

mtfc

Reaction score
Hi. I just got a Droid 2 to check work email through Microsoft Outlook; however, it will not access the email. Verizon responded with the following:

Google did not design the Android operating system for Microsoft Exchange and with the original Android release, there were numerous difficulties with the connection between the phone and server. The 2.2 software has resolved these issues so that you may connect with the $29.99 provisioning; however, the phone need an Authentic Root Certificate rather than a self generated certificate.

The self generated certificate is one the server administrator would have created and was either manually loaded onto the phone or transferred wirelessly. Microsoft is now requesting the purchase of an Authentic Root Certificate for each phone to be able to have full access to the exchange service wirelessly. Understanding that these could be rather expensive to the customer GoDaddy has kindly offered a code for Verizon Wireless Customers so they can purchase a SSL certificate for $12.99 on a standard SSL certificate (first year only). The code is: VERSSL1.

Please keep in mind this is not a Verizon Wireless requirement but one by Microsoft and will affect all wireless service providers.

Is this really the only way to access your Outlook email? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

PCRoger

Reaction score
I'm as new as you, but I saw somewhere some apps that will help with Outlook sync. You might search "android outlook sync"

Others have reported that they can also access Outlook Web Access (OWA) with the browser in their droid, if that helps you at all.

Regards,
PCRoger.