Ugly stupid update help me remove!

Lindalinecm

Reaction score
Hi,
My droid and I got along fine until some I.T. people with little better to do decided my phone should look completely masculine! Gross navy gray light blue menus that are harder to read, and my 4 main buttons at bottom dont light up anymore! Can I change the color theme somehow??? What do I have to do to uninstall this disgusting update? Droid techies find something better to do than wasting my time and making my phone look like a calvin kline perfume box!!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You would have to gain root priveledges or..there is one theme in the market, called regina launcher which doesn't require root that will cover your screen ridding the blur...lol also windows 7 theme, or search the market for launchers...some will hide the status bar..beyond that, you will need to root..and then you could custimize and or flash themes and ROMs...:)
Edit: at least I don't think regina launcher requires root..but there are a few others that will cover the stock launcher and status bar by hiding it..but as soon as you go to any other blur programs they will remain Calvin Kien...lol
My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

Last edited:

SparkleBunny

Reaction score
So I'm stuck with this new ugly-ass look? Ugh. I almost hate it enough to get a different phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Ellyenne

Reaction score
And what happened to the NICE icons in the status bar? Now I have the same old boring ones all the other phones have. And, grey on grey for the WiFi signal strength icons, with a itsy bitsy lock in light pink that I can't see even with my glasses?
This was designed by someone who has no graphic sense, and is too young to need reading glasses. UGH.

zobothehobo

Reaction score
Part of why I got this phone was how the home screen and status bar didn't try to look "sleek" but was rather functional. Now it's just like... I bought THIS phone so I DIDN'T have this. My main two issues are the status bar at the top and the four things at the bottom... you know, the dialer, contacts, all apps, and texting. I don't use the texting app that came with the home... I use Handcent. And I figured how to change that app with an app I actually use... and I think I COULD MAYBE get used to it if I could move those four items around to have the contacts on the far right side like it was before and have the "all apps" thing in the middle like it was before... because I keep hitting contacts looking for "all apps" and I keep hitting "all apps" looking for contacts. It's been driving me nuts!

And just out of curiosity... what in the hell do you think possessed them to think a DARKER status bar was the way to go? It's harder to read and makes my phone look and feel almost depressing. And the way it looks when you pull down. Who in the hell thought that color was a good idea? Can I talk to them and maybe slap some sense into them?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK....1. Get the status bar changer app..Forgot the name..ooops...It works ok, don't have to be rooted...2. Probably the best answer....Root! And make the phone as you want it....3. Use a launcher......Peace!!

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

Barristro

Reaction score
OK....1. Get the status bar changer app..Forgot the name..ooops...

Please let us know the name. I have installed Widgetsoid, and while that creates some wonderful toggle switches, I cannot find a way to have it change the actual default status bar.